Chapter Fifteen: What Could Be The Matter?

Author's Note: As promised, here's the next chapter. It's in Lindo's point of view. I missed writing in his point of view. Anyway... Vote... Share... Comment... Enjoy.

***

Chapter Fifteen: What Could Be The Matter?

Lindo's Point of View

I was chilling with the band when my phone started ringing. At first, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. It wasn't possible for Thando to be calling me. She was supposed to be out of the country. I picked up the call.

“Hey Ndo; are you back from the dance tour already?” I said as I answered.

“Hi Lindo; I’m good thanks and how are you?” she said sarcastically, and I imagined her rolling her eyes. I chuckled. My Thando...

“I’m sorry; I got excited. How are you baby?” I asked. WHAT? Baby? Really Lindo?? What was I thinking?

“I am good, but I need to talk to you urgently. Please come to Natal”, she said. I frowned. What could be the matter? Wait? Why was she even in South Africa?

“What are you doing there?” I asked.

“Please just trust me. You need to come here. Should I book a ticket for you?” she asked. I shook my head. What on earth was going on? She knows I don't like it when she buys me stuff.

“I am capable of buying my own bus ticket”, I said as a matter of fact.

“I didn’t mean a bus ticket. I remember mentioning that this was urgent. I want to book a plane ticket for you. Now, can I book the ticket? And email it to you?” she threw back at me.

“I don't like it when you buy me things, but fine. Buy the ticket”, I replied. “I missed you. I can't wait to see you”, I added.

“You’ll probably take that back once you get here”, she said. I frowned again. What was wrong with her?

“Why do you say that?” I asked and she laughed humourlessly. Now I was concerned. She didn't laugh my favourite childlike laugh.

“Lindo, I have to go. I will see you tomorrow”, she said.

“Okay. I love you, Ndo”, I said because, she needed to know that I love her and I wanted her. She cleared her throat.

“Bye”, she said and disconnected the call.  I stood there, just looking at the phone. Was I hallucinating? Did that phone call just happen? What was so urgent that she had to come back to South Africa from the dance tour; one she was looking forward to for months?

I walked back into Thuso's room and they all looked at me. I sat down and rubbed my eyes with the palm of my hands.

"Reb man, are you okay?" asked Langa.

"Yeah man, you look upset", Perfect said. I looked at him and shook my head.

"Thando is back in South Africa", I said. Monde and Perfect looked at each other in question, while Thuso, S'bu and Langa looked at me.

"Why?" S'bu asked. I shook my head again.

"I don't know, but she wants me to go to KZN tomorrow", I said. Monde raised his brow.

"Why?" he asked, and I shook my head again.

"I don't know, but she says it's urgent", I said.

"What aren't you telling us?" asked Thuso. I frowned.

"I don't know what you're talking about", I shrugged. Calvin scoffed and added a laugh.

"You slept with Thando without protection and now she's pregnant. Dude, you're screwed", he said. I turned my head towards him so quick my vision blurred.