Chapter Twenty Eight: Totally Insane

Not Edited

Author's Note: I'm not sure if I want Thando to lay charges against Dikeledi and Fikile... Too much drama. But we'll see.

Here's the next chapter. Vote... Share... Comment... Enjoy.

***

Chapter Twenty Eight: Totally Insane

Thando's Point of View

I woke up in the same hospital ward I was in just a day ago, but this time, the huge gap in my memory that I had, no longer existed. I was well aware of why I had to be hospitalised in the first place. A part of me was happy I remembered, another part dreaded what was coming with me remembering.

I didn't exactly know if I wanted to press charges against Dikeledi and Fikile, but I think my family and Lindo were expecting me to. I was expecting the detectives to arrive in the afternoon to question me about the incident, and I wasn't thrilled; not at all.

After waking up, I got my breakfast served to me, but I needed ice-cream, so I bribed Lindo into sneaking in a tub for me. When he arrived with it, I almost jumped out of bed. I didn't though; note I said almost...

"Ah babe! Tin Roof Dairy Ice Cream! You're the best", I said as he sat next to me on the bed with two spoons in hand. I bounced excitedly on my spot. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"You're insane", he said as a matter of fact. I rolled my eyes and opened the tub. I first inhaled the dessert, and then I scooped up a spoonful. My eyes bulged out of their sockets as I looked at Lindo.

"This is going to be AMAZING", I emphasized. He shook his head and I giggled. I took a deep breath in and out, then put the spoon into my mouth. The sudden burst of flavour caught me off guard. I didn't want the ice-cream anymore. I spit it out onto my hand, got off the bed and ran into the bathroom. There, I washed my hand after wiping off the ice-cream.

As I walked back into the ward, Lindo had an amused look on his face. I narrowed my eyes at him. He laughed and shrugged his shoulders.

"Would you mind explaining to me why YOU, out of ALL people, would be disgusted by ice-cream, ESPECIALLY  Tin Roof Dairy Ice Cream?" he asked, sounding every shade of amused there is, while enjoying the ice-cream. I gave a disgusted sneer to the tub of ice-cream.

"Your son doesn't seem to like it one bit", I said frowning. He laughed again. I rubbed my hands together mischievously. "Ohhh, but I'm going to remind him of this one day when he tries to eat ice-cream after he's born", I added. Lindo shook his head at me.

"I never thought I'd see the day that you would spit out ice-cream. I'm grabbing the camera to film this", he said getting off the bed to grab the camera from my bag. I rolled my eyes again. "Hello there my boy, it's your dad and mom...", he said pointing the camera at me. "... and weirdest thing in the history of the world happened. Your mom (ice-cream's biggest fan in the world) doesn't want ice-cream today. It's something about how you (as her beloved son) refused to let her swallow a spoonful just minutes ago", he joked. I wanted to be mad, but the look on his face put a permanent grin on my face.

"You'll pay for that, Junior", I promised with an eyebrow raised while rubbing my hands together. Lindo laughed. He turned the camera to himself.

"I really love your mother, and she really loves ice-cream, almost just as much as I love her, so I'd take her threat seriously", he said. I appeared behind him in the shot like a hippo appears from under water.

"Oh no, my boy. It isn't a threat. It's a promise", I said in a dark tone. Lindo laughed and I disappeared from the shot.

"She's insane, but I wouldn't have her any other way. Anyway, let me go and try to calm the storm that's your mom. Hurricane Noluthando", he said and I burst out laughing. Lindo turned the camera to face me. "See that right there? That's my most favourite view of her", he said. I calmed down and shook my head.