Chapter Twenty Five: I Don't Remember

Not Edited

Author's Note: Hey you lovely people who are reading this book, who excite me for so doing. I'm really quite ecstatic today. I'm receiving so much love from you people and it's amazing. I'm reminded of my sister's (Perez_Kay) reaction at the end of chapter 24 because of the cliffhanger. It was comical, but it just proved to me that y'all are loving the book. I really appreciate the reads.

I'm dedicating this chapter to the readers who aren't anonymous, Perez_Kay, NaniLedwaba, ThandekaDlamini4, and ThembiSizani. You ladies are amazing. 😘😘

Anyway, let's get to the next chapter, right? I'm excited. Vote... Share... Comment... Enjoy.

***

Chapter Twenty Five: I Don't Remember

Thando's Point of View

(In the hospital)

I woke up on a hospital bed, feeling groggy and my arms and legs were painful. Also, there was a hand holding mine tightly, but not enough to hurt me. Before I could freak out (because I had no idea why I was in hospital) I followed the trail of the hand holding mine.

His hand and arm had protruding veins. The shirt he wore was folded at the sleeve, and looked mostly disheveled. He laid his head on the other arm that was folded over the bed. He looked all kinds of uncomfortable, so I moved my hand slightly to try and get him to wake up. He stirred in his sleep. I cleared my throat.

"Lindo... Baby... Wake up", I spoke, but the projection was off because, my voice was gone. What could I possibly have done to damage my voice? "Lindo...", I said a little louder and he sat up quickly. He looked a little confused, until he saw my face. His face lit up, and he smiled.