Chapter Thirty Seven: I Don't Love Him

Not Edited

Author's Note: Hey julle. I'm sorry about the long wait. I was trying to get out of the rut I was in. Some news disturbed me, but yeah... Here's the next chapter.

Vote... Share... Comment... Enjoy.

***

Chapter Thirty Seven: I Don't Love Him

Lindo's Point of View

We woke up the following morning feeling closer than ever. I knew what had happened between the two of us last night would let her know that I was there to stay. No woman would ever fit my life like she did.

It's really funny how life works at times. Yes, when I had met her I loved her, but I no idea it would be like this. I mean, I used to ask her for advice about how to get with girls, and she'd be a real hommie and tell me, even set me up with the ladies at times. The only time she did disprove of a girl I wanted was when I introduced her to Fikile. Boy, I tell you... This woman's instinct boggled my mind.

"Baby, where are you?" I heard Thando say, and I came back to the present away from my thoughts. She had a look of concern on her face. I smiled at her. She was too adorable.

"Just deep in thought", I said.

"Want to share?" she asked and we heard Baby Lwethu whimpering from the baby monitor. "Later, I guess", she said and I nodded. We both got out of bed and covered ourselves. Once we were decent, we both went to Lwethu's bedroom. I walked over to his cot, while his mother went into the closet to get him clothes.

"Good morning my boy", I said, and the boy stopped crying. "I bet you feel like we tossed you away last night, huh? I'm sorry about that. I just needed to break down a couple of walls that your mom secured herself with", I told him.

"You make me sound like a girl with issues", Thando said coming to the cot. "Hey my boo. Unjani?" she greeted Lwethu and he smiled. "I bet you're hungry and feeling lonely. That's going to be sorted very soon. Let me first bath you, and then we'll go have breakfast, right", she continued, and Lwethu sucked his thumb.

"I think you should go make him some food while I bath him, or vice versa. He seems really hungry", I said and she nodded.

"I'll go make him food. That I can manage because someone tired me out izolo ebusuku", she joked and I laughed.

"Scapegoat tendencies", I countered and she shook my head.

"No my baby. Those are your tendencies, not mine", she said as she walked away.

"Your mom is magical", I told Lwethu. I sighed when he just stared at me. "I wish you could talk already so we can gossip about the gorgeousness of your momma", I added. He smiled at me and I got him bathed. I wasn't as fast as his mom with it, but I managed, got him moisturized and got him dressed.

I went to the kitchen with him and found that Thando was also making breakfast for her and me.

"You do remember that you're not going to school today, right?" I asked as a reminder and she nodded with a sheepish smile. "Good. I'd like some time alone with my favourite humans", I added.

From there, we spent the day together. I finally convinced Thando to let Lwethu out of the house, and we went to the mall together, although after we met a certain individual, I regretted talking Thando into leaving the house.

As we entered the Pick 'n Pay at Campus Square, Dwayne was exiting. Lwethu was in his pram, facing people who were approaching. For a second, Thando froze looking from me to Dwayne trying to gauge the situation.