Chapter Sixty - The Southern Raiders

I'm sure you'll like that one!

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been another one peaceful morning at the Western Air Temple. Everyone was still sleeping except Iris. It'd been about an hour she'd woken up and she stretched her hands getting ready for the day.

She heard Aang yawning and he rubbed his eyes with his hand finally waking. "Good morning, bro," Iris said.

"Good morning, sis," Aang said waking from Appa's soft fur he'd been sleeping on.

The birds by the fountain flew suddenly away. It could be heard a sound as if something was approaching. And suddenly, a bomb came flying towards them.

Iris immediately wrapped her staff and she used it to strike the bomb and send it away. Airships came out, flying towards them. They've found us... Iris thought angrily. They started shooting bombs on the temple destroying some parts of it.

Aang immediately woke up and he used his air bending and his staff to close the walls around them that protected them from the bombs.

"Watch out!" Zuko shouted and he shoved Katara away falling together on the floor.

"What are you doing?!" Katara asked angrily.

"Keeping rocks from crashing you," Zuko answered.

"Okay, I'm not crashed, you can get off me now!" Katara said angrily and she got away from his touch.

"I'll take that as a thank you," Zuko said and he woke up.

Toph and Haru created a tunnel at the wall and Toph exclaimed "Common, we can get out through here!"

The others got in the tunnel and Aang with Iris tried to force Appa into the tunnel. Only Zuko stayed at the front.

"What are you doing?!" Aang exclaimed at him.

"Go ahead I'll hold them off!" Zuko answered "I think this is the family visit," he said and he started running towards the Airships as the walls that protected them slowly started collapsing.

"I'm not letting you do this alone," Iris muttered and she followed him running behind him. She couldn't let him go alone. She didn't want to admit why, but she couldn't bear the thought of losing him.

"Iris, Zuko, no!" Aang shouted from behind but Sokka and Katara ran towards him to help him with Appa.

"Common, we've got to get out of here!" Sokka said.

Iris and Zuko ran together towards the smoke. Another bomb came, flying towards them but Zuko and Iris used their fire bending to protect themselves from the flames. Zuko shot a powerful fire blast that destroyed one of their weapons so they stopped throwing bombs from there.

Iris shot a powerful air blast at the other one destroying that too. Then Azula came out on an Airship. She had that smirk on her face Iris hated a lot. Little brat! She thought angrily.

"What are you doing here?!" Zuko demanded.

"You mean it's not obvious yet? I'm about to celebrate becoming an only child!" Azula exclaimed smirking "And I want my prisoner back!" Azula shouted looking at Iris and she immediately shot a powerful, blue fire blast at her.

Before Iris had the chance to move, Zuko immediately protected her with his fire bending. Azula's fire blast created a thick smoke, covering sight of them. Zuko used the time they had to run towards Iris and he wrapped her elbows with his hands.