Chapter Fifty-Five - The Fire Bending Masters

@Life_ispeace thanks for suggesting that song, it really is the way Iris feels (mostly) 

Enjoy the next chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ {0} ~ (=last night's nightmare)

A dark entity got out of the metallic wall she rested her back on. It passed its hands around her neck and it started choking her. Iris gasped in the lack of air but she couldn't move. What was that thing? And then it spoke, that voice wasn't familiar but it heard scary...

Iris... when the time comes... beware the Red Shadow Demons...

(Don't worry, guys, I'm preparing a Sequel with that sentence)

~ {0} ~

She was dropped back in her cell and the door was locked before she even had the chance to move. Iris couldn't move. She wiped the blood from her lip that endlessly bled. She tasted her own blood in her mouth and she pulled the disgusting taste out spitting it.

Iris looked at the fresh scars on her hands. She hissed in every move. The pain was endless but familiar. It felt like these three years all over again. She shut her eyes painfully as she tried to wake up. She couldn't wake up, but she managed to crawl herself towards the metallic wall where she rested her bleeding back.

She knew her blood would color the metal but she didn't care the least. She felt the coolness of the metal pass through her wounded back easing the pain. Iris wiped the sticky tears from her cheeks and her eyes.

It'd been another one day of torture. The exhaustion washed over her. She felt the stinging pain in every wound, every burn. She let her head fall back on the wall and she closed her eyes trying to calm. She was breathless from the efforts to move.

I'm Alive... at least, I'm still breathing...

She needed to stay Alive. She needed to keep breathing.

She had to...

>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<

"I know you're nervous, but remember fire bending isn't something to fear," Zuko said crossing his arms.

Aang took a deep breath and he said "Okay, 'not something to fear',"

"But if you don't respect it, it will chew you up and spits you like an angry komodo-rhino!" Zuko snapped.

Aang let out a strangled cry of fear.

"Now, show me what you got, any form of fire you can make," Zuko said.

Aang took two deep breaths and he tried to make fire, only to make a pitifully small smoke come out of his hand. Aang looked at Zuko embarrassed and he said "Maybe I need a little more instruction. Perhaps a demonstration?"

"Good idea, you might wanna take a couple steps back," Zuko said.

Aang walked some steps behind and Zuko got in his stance. He tried to send a fire blast but his efforts looked as pitiful as Aang's. Aang, still, started clapping.

"What was that?! That was the worst fire bending I've ever seen!" Zuko lectured himself.

"I thought it was... nice," Aang said encouragingly.

Zuko tried a couple for times with different stances and forms but all came with the same result. He growled at himself angrily and disappointedly.