Chapter Thirty-Four - Journey to Ba Sing Se Pt. 1: The Serpent's Pass

"Sure, five thousand year old maps from a spirit library, just splash some water on them," Sokka said sarcastically.

"Sorry," Katara said getting out of the lake and bending the water out of the maps.

Now everyone gathered around Sokka who strew the map on the soil. "So did you figure out what route we're gonna take?" Aang asked.

"Okay, we just got out of the desert so we must be around here," Sokka said pointing on a place n the map "And we need to go to Ba Sing Se which is here, it looks like the only passage connecting the south to the North is this small part of land called the Serpent's Pass," he explained.

"You're sure that's the best way to go?" Toph asked doubtfully.

"It's the only way, I mean, it's not like we have Appa to fly us there," Sokka said.

"Schuss up about Appa, can't you at least try and be sensitive?" Katara lectured him.

"Katara, it's okay. I know I was upset about losing Appa before, but I just wanna focus on getting to Ba Sing Se and telling the Earth King about the Solar Eclipse," Aang said coldly and everyone stared at him surprised.

"Oh, okay," Katara said surprised forcing a smile on her face "I'm glad you're doing better," and the worried expression on her face returned.

"Then to Ba Sing Se we go, no more distractions," Sokka said picking the map.

"Hello there, fellow refugees!"

Sokka raised an eyebrow and he frowned deeply...

__________________________________

"Who would have thought after all these years, I'd return to the scheme of my greatest military disgrace... as a tourist," Iroh said wearing a hat.

Iris rested her hands on the rails and glanced at the endless monotone blue color. She looked down at the bowl of food she had been served from the guards. She had seen meat in it and she wasn't going to eat any.

"Look around, we're not tourists, we're refugees," Zuko said lifting his bowl to his lips leaving a disgusting sound of the food. "I'm sick of eating rotten food, sleeping in the dirt, I'm tired of leaving like this," he protested.

"Aren't we all?" A familiar voice heard from behind.

When Iris turned around she got immediately in her fighting stance. "What are you doing here, Jet?" she snapped.

"That's no way to greet an old friend," Jet said ironically.

"Old friend?!" Iris snapped angrily "You tried to kill me!"

"Do you know these guys?" Zuko asked confused.

"Sure, this jerk here, is Jet and the other two are members of his 'Freedom Fighters', Smellerbee and Longshot," Iris said introducing them to Zuko.