Chapter Thirty-Six - City of Walls and Secrets

"I can't believe we finally made it to Ba Sing Se, in one piece," Katara said.

"Hey, don't jinx it!" Sokka snapped "We can still be attacked by some giant exploding Fire Nation spoon, or find out that the City's been submerged in an ocean full of killer shrimp," He said.

"You've been hitting the cactus juice again?" Toph asked indifferently.

"I'm just saying, weird stuff happens to us," Sokka said.

Aang's almost excited expression returned to a worried one and his gaze slipped back on the floor of the train. "Don't worry, Aang, we'll find Appa," Katara's voice heard "...and then we'll get Iris back,"

"It's such a big City," Aang said.

"He's a giant Bison, where can anyone possibly hide him?" Sokka asked until they reached the City. It was huge... "Oh,"

_________________________________

The Lower Ring was by far one of the worst towns Iris had ever seen. She's been in multiple places around the Earth Kingdom but none of them was that bad. There were many refugees gathered around lying on the streets.

Although every other refugee that walked around had formed a frown on his face, Iroh was the only smiley one. He came walking between Iris and Zuko holding a pot of flowers on his hands.

"I just want our new place to look nice, in case someone brings home a lady-friend," Iroh said winking and elbowing Zuko.

"This City is a prison, I don't want to make a life here," Zuko said frowning.

"Me neither, the only reason I'm here it's because I'm stuck with you," Iris said.

"Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. Now, come, I've found us some new jobs and we start this afternoon," Iroh said...

___________________________

"Well, you certainly look like professional tea service," Pao said. They had already gotten to the tea shop they'd be working in. "How do you feel?"

"Ridiculous,"

"Humiliating,"

"Does this possibly come in a larger size?" Iroh asked.

"There's extra rope on the back. Have some tea while you wait," Pao said pouring them some tea and handing them their cups.

"This is nothing but hot-leaf-juice!" Iroh protested.

"Uncle, that's what all tea is," Zuko said.

"How could a member of my own family say something so horrible?!" Iroh exclaimed "We'll have to make some major changes around here,"

Iris couldn't help but giggle at the old man's reaction. She had to admit that Iroh reminded her of Monk Chengyu. Monk Chengyu, himself, was obsessed with tea as well and he had even taught her how to make tea more enjoyable. But Iroh's tea-making abilities could not be defeated by anyone's.

She couldn't believe that she'd ever end up working in a tea shop. Killing... yes, that was normal for her, but serving tea? This was the kind of job she'd choose if she were fifteen. But what else could she expect from a tea lover looking for jobs? 

____________________________

Joo Dee took them within all the rings and ended up in the Upper Ring where their house would be. Knowing that talking to the Earth King would take more than just a month they decided to spend their time looking for Appa.