CHAP2 - REWRITTEN AND EDITED!

Consider this my Christmas gift to y'all 👏👏👏👏

I hope y'all have had a great Christmas/Holiday so far, pls have a great New Year's as well.

I'm still in the process of editing this fic, I haven't completed the final rewrite yet, but I'm feeling like I'm sinking into the atla fandom again and I can't help it. I will probably post the edited chapters here??? Do y'all want me to??? Also, tysm for the 800k, it's totally unbelievable all this love this fic's getting even when it's written so very badly it makes me wanna bang my head against some wall lmao

Trigger Warnings for this chap: depression, swearing ofc, mention of blood and SELF-HARM if you can't handle it, don't say I didn't warn ya and IF YOU'RE A 15-YEAR-OLD?!?!?!? GO WATCH NICKELODEON AND GET OUTTA HERE

Nah jk kids these days got more game than I do

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|2| ANGER

Maybe things could have played out differently. Maybe if that damn brat hadn't showed up, she would've even killed the Prince as well. She could have had his head hanging by the icy wall of her igloo. And every day, she'd wake up with a smile of satisfaction, looking at it, and reminding herself how perfect it had felt to kill the son of the Fire Lord. And maybe, the next head that she'd hung by her wall would be the Fire Lord's.

But, no, things haven't gotten as planned. A ten-year-old had to jump in and ruin it. Iris looked down at the chains, the metallic cuffs around her wrists. A small smirk spread on her lips. There was no restraining her. She could leave any moment she wanted to. She just wanted to see what the hell it was that the Prince was planning to do with her. Why did he even take her with him in the first place? He was looking for the Avatar, wasn't he? Well, that boy certainly looked like an airbender. Who else would he be if not the Avatar?

The door snapped open and the Prince walked in. She arched an eyebrow. He looked confident to be there, glaring at her whilst she gave him that annoying little smile of absolute cockiness. She knew just how less confident he'd be if she wasn't chained.

"What a pleasure to have the Fire Prince visiting my humble cell," she said sarcastically. "Do you have any idea what I'd do to you if I wasn't chained?" She closed her eyes and a smile of utter pleasure spread across her lips. "I bet your blood would feel so warm. A firebender's blood is significantly warmer. I prefer it over any other bender's blood."

"I know what you're trying to do," The Prince said. "You're trying to mess with me."

"Doesn't it work? I scared you enough back in the tribe," she snickered wickedly.

"Stop!" The Prince growled. This woman always mocked him with every single word that ran out of her mouth. She was insane, he could tell as much. She killed seven people this morning. Seven soldiers of his. People he had known for years, important people that had stood by him in this terrible journey. People with families and children. And she didn't seem to care one bit as if the lives of those people didn't matter. "I asked you a question before we got here. Who are you? How did you know who I am?"

"Well, I did try to kill you once, you know," she gave him a large smile as she thought about the good old times. "I thought that maybe – maybe if I killed the firstborn son of the Fire Lord, I would actually get to hurt the Fire Lord. But then..." she frowned fake displeasure. "...I watched as dear fire-daddy mutilated his own son in front of the entire Fire Nation, and then I thought... If I killed you, that wouldn't hurt the Fire Lord so much after all, would it?"

"Shut up!"

In a blink of an eye, her back crashed against the cold, metallic wall behind her and he grabbed her chained wrist, pinning her arm at the level of her eyes. His face, close enough to feel his hot breath on her lips. Faces, only inches apart. He was trying to scare her with the furious look on his face. The golden eyes that reflected flames of frustration. Her body, trapped between his and the wall. It didn't scare her. On the contrary, Iris laughed. She seemed amused despite it all.