Chapter Eighteen - The Deserter

Hey guys, thank you so much for your support (639 Reads!!!!! OMG!!!!) Enjoy the next Chapter!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This should give us a good idea of what's around here," Katara said.

"See if you can find a menu, I'm starving," Sokka protested.

"Must you always think of food?" Iris asked resting her hands on her waist.

"Hey, I'm a simple guy with simple needs," Sokka said.

"I bet we'll find something to eat here," Aang said pointing on the poster of a festival "The Fire Day Festival. Fire Nation cultural exhibits: fire benders, jugglers, benders, magicians. This would be a great place for me to find some good fire bending moves"

"You might want to rethink that," Sokka said from the other side of the column with the posters.

Aang, Katara, and Iris walked towards Sokka. "Hey, a poster of me!" Aang said excitedly.

"This is a Wanted Poster, Aang," Iris said warningly.

"This is bad," Sokka said.

"We better keep moving," Katara said.

"I agree, this is, certainly, Zhao's work," Iris said.

"We have to learn fire bending at some point and this might be my only chance to watch the masters up close," Aang said.

"Look, I know you're eager to learn fire bending but we need to master water and earth, first," Iris said.

"I guess we could go check it out," Katara said.

"What?!" Sokka and Iris asked together. "You wanna walk into a Fire Nation town where they're all fired up with all the... you know, fire," Sokka said.

"We'll wear disguises, and if it looks like a trouble, we'll leave," Katara said and they started walking towards Appa along with Aang.

"Right, because we always leave before we get in the trouble," Sokka said sarcastically.

"You said it,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the sun turned to dusk, Aang, Iris, Katara and Sokka wore their disguises and got into the town. There were fireworks, and many people all around, each of them wearing different masks. After almost getting fried by Fire Nation soldiers and running around the town, a man showed up and helped them slip away.

"I serve a man, more than a man really, he's a myth, but he's real. A living legend. Jeong-Jeong the Deserter. He was a Fire Nation General, oh wait... was he an Admiral," Chey said.

"He was very highly ranked, we get it," Sokka said annoyed from all the togging for that man.

"He was an Admiral," Iris said.

"How do you know?" Katara asked.

"Rumors fly everywhere. Let's just say that the guards of my prison cell had mentioned something about an Admiral named Jeong-Jeong, quitting the war," Iris answered coldly.

"He couldn't take the madness anymore, he's the first person to ever leave the army and live. I'm the second but you don't get to be a legend for that. Jeong-Jeong is a fire bending genius, some say he's mad but he's not, he's enlightened." Chey said.

"You mean there's a fire bender out here who's not with the Fire Lord? We've got to go see him. He can train us!" Aang said excitedly.

"We're not going to go find some crazy fire bender!" Sokka exclaimed.