Chapter Nineteen - The Northern Air Temple

"...so, travelers, the next time you think you hear a strange large bird talking, take a closer look, it might not be a giant parrot but a flying man. A member of a secret group of Air-Walkers, who laugh at gravity, and laugh at those bound to the earth by it,"

"Aren't air bender stories the best?" Aang asked.

"Was it realistic, is that how it was back then?" Katara asked glancing at both Aang and Iris.

"I laugh at gravity all the time," Aang said and both two air bending siblings started laughing passionately.

"Gravity!" Iris said making them laugh louder.

The storyteller passed around all the travelers to collect his salary and when he came to Sokka, he had nothing to give, and he continued with the others.

"Well, in Western Air Temple, we used to narrate much frightening stories," Iris said.

"Hey, I remember one night when I stayed. Man, the story with the spirit that haunted a town..." Aang said as he quivered remembering it "...still frightens me," he said excitedly "I should go thank that man,"

As Aang fended away, Iris's gaze fell on Sokka. He seemed so bored. "I guess that story bored you out of your skull," she said raising an eyebrow.

"Pff, don't say that you enjoyed it," Sokka said.

"To tell you the truth," Iris started and she leaned closer "...I nearly slept a couple of times," and they both chuckled at the comment.

"Finally, someone who makes sense in here!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, we're almost at the Northern Air Temple, this is where they had the Championships for Sky Bison Polo!" Aang said.

"Remember when I took one?" Iris asked.

Aang chuckled on the memory "Man, Gershwin nearly kissed you that day!"

Now everyone looked at Iris, who was blushing lightly. Of course, she could never forget that day. It was awkward having everyone knowing about it "Aang!" she protested exclaiming.

"Oops, sorry," Aang said smiling at his sister nervously.

"Do you think we'll really find air benders?" Katara asked excitedly sitting beside her brother.

"You want me to be like you or totally honest?" Sokka asked indifferently.

"Are you saying I'm a liar?" Katara asked.

"I'm saying you're an optimist, same thing basically," Sokka said.

"Hey, guys, look at this!" Aang exclaimed excitedly as the main building of the Northern Air Temple came in sight.

It stood on a high cliff and there was snow covering it anywhere. There were also people with gliders flying around the temple. But they were not air benders. Iris knew that no one would survive after the beginning of the hundred year war and all the hopes Aang had for seeing air benders, got away the first minute.

"There really are air benders!" Katara said.

Aang rested behind and he crossed his arms "No they're not,"

"What do you mean they're not? Those guys are flying!" Sokka said excitedly.

"No one survived, Sokka," Iris said looking away and crossing her arms.

"Gliding, maybe, but not flying. You can tell by the way they move, they're not air bending, those people have no spirit!" Aang said. A boy came flying right onto them with big velocity, and his laughter heard along the place.