Chapter Fifty-Six - The Boiling Rock Pt. 1

Dedicated to: avatar_writer_ & Keraburris 

Okay, guys, here go *stretching fingers*

>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<

Zuko walked around the others serving them tea while they were all gathered around the campfire.

"No one can make tea like uncle or Iris, but hopefully I learned a thing or two," Zuko said. "Would you like to hear uncle's favorite tea joke,"

"Yeah,"

"Sure,"

"Bring it,"

"I like jokes,"

"Okay, well I can't remember how it starts but the punch line is 'leaf me alone, I am bushed'," Zuko said expecting to hear them laughing but no one laughed. "Well, it's funnier when uncle tells it," and he continued serving teacups to the others.

"Right, maybe that's because he remembers the whole thing," Katara said sarcastically as Zuko came with the tray between her and Aang. The others started laughing and Zuko just smiled serving tea to rest of them.

"It's nice to get a chance to relax a little, it hardly ever happens," Toph said taking a teacup from the tray.

Sokka was the last one to be served his teacup. He had a skeptical expression on his face. Sokka looked up at Zuko asking "Hey, can I talk to you for a second?"

Zuko nodded and he followed Sokka some steps away from the others. Sokka had crossed his arms with a dark expression on his face.

"So, what's up?" Zuko asked.

"If, someone was captured by the Fire Nation, where would they be taken?" Sokka asked.

"What do you mean? Who was captured?" Zuko asked confusedly.

"When the Invasion Plan failed, Iris and our troops were taken. I just wanna know where they might be," Sokka said lying.

"I can't tell you," Zuko said darkly.

"What, why not?" Sokka asked.

"Trust me, knowing will just make you feel worse," Zuko said and he turned around to leave but Sokka stopped him placing his hand on his shoulder.

"It's my dad, he was captured too. I need to know what I put him through," Sokka said.

"It's not good, Sokka,"

"Please,"

"My guess is, they were taken to the Boiling Rock," Zuko finally answered.

"What's that?" Sokka asked.

"The Highest Security Prison in the Fire Nation. It's on an island in the middle of a boiling lake. It's inescapable," Zuko answered.

Sokka turned around crossing his hands. "So where is this place?" he asked.

"Why do you need to know?" Zuko asked "What are you planning?"

"Nothing," Sokka immediately answered and he turned around putting his acting in action "Oh, boy, you're so paranoid,"

"It's in the middle of a volcano between here and the Fire Nation. You guys, actually, flew right passed it on your way here," Zuko answered.

"Thanks, Zuko," Sokka said and he yawned with fake tiredness "Just knowing makes me feel better," and he walked away.