Chapter Twenty-Four - The Cave of Two Lovers

I finally reached one of my favorite, hilarious episodes for which I've been thinking to change slightly. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You guys are gonna be done soon, right? We've got a lot way to cover if we want to make it to Omashu today," Sokka asked floating on the pleasingly cool water with Momo climbed on him.

Iris looked at him and she immediately covered her sight "Geez, Sokka put something on!" She's been standing on the shore of the lake trying to master a fire bending form from the scrolls Jeong-Jeong had given her.

"What? I have underwear!" Sokka said.

"Well, like you can go right now, naked guy?" Katara asked taking off the stance she was trying to teach Aang.

"I can be ready in two minutes, seriously, whenever," Sokka said.

Aang ignored the two siblings and she looked at Katara catching her attention "So, you were showing me the Octopus Form,"

"Right, let me see your stance," Katara said. Aang repeated the stance and she walked towards him. She passed her hands on his from behind pushing his arms down "Your arms are too far apart. See, if you move closer together you protect your sinner, you go it?" Katara said.

Aang blushed lightly and he managed to say "Oh yeah, thanks,"

Katara walked away "Okay, let's see what you got,"

While the other two were sparring with the water, Iris thought better not to use fire while trying the forms. She was already done with her water bending and since they hadn't reached Omashu it'd be better trying to master fire bending. The forms were easy to master. Most of the moves pretty predictable. But she knew, controlling the fire wouldn't be same as easy.

"You make a fine octopus, pupil Aang," Katara said smiling.

Music heard coming from the plants "Don't fall in love with a traveling girl, she'll leave you broken-broken hearted..." Some seconds ago some people walked out. The man who played the guitar stopped, and looked at them.

"Hey, river-people,"

"We're not river-people," Katara said.

"You're not? Then what kind of people are ya?" The man asked.

"Just, people," Aang answered.

"Aren't we all, brother,"

"Who are you?" Sokka asked getting out of the water with Momo on his shoulder.

"I'm Chong and this is my wife Lily, we're Nomads. Happy to go wherever the wind takes us!"

"You guys are Nomads?" Aang asked "That's great my sister and I are Nomads!" He said excitedly.

"Hey, me too!" Chong said.

"I know you just said that," Iris said. The man was more than an idiot.

"Oh... nice underwear," Chong said looking at Sokka.

Sokka blushed lightly and he covered his hips with Momo. Iris couldn't help but laugh... So stupid...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While Aang and Katara were making questions about Chong's travels, Iris thought it was better to spend her time practicing her fire bending. She got a bit away from the others covering enough space to know that they wouldn't see her fire bending. She stood at the shore and she repeated a couple more times the forms.