Chapter Twenty-One - The Siege of the North: Part 1

Oh my God!!! 999 Reads!!! You guys are all so awesome!!!! Sorry for leaving you for a day without a chapter but writing's been busy. 

Enjoy the next chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One move, all it needed was move to take that pupil down. Katara had proven to be a great bender as she spent hours practicing the last week. Iris was same as good. They both had really beaten all of Pakku's pupils.

"Nice try, pupil Sangook, a couple of more years and you might be ready to fight a sea-sponge," Pakku said releasing the kid off the ice. "Does anyone care for a rematch with Katara or Iris?" he asked looking at his injured pupils.

"Katara, Iris, you've both advanced quicker than any pupil I've ever trained. You've both proven that, with fierce determination, passion and hard work, you can accomplish anything," Pakku said pleasingly as he stood towards both Katara and Iris. "Raw talent, alone, is not enough," Pakku said looking at Aang moving an air ball with Momo on top of it. "Pupil, Aang!"

"Yes, Master Pakku," Aang responded immediately and he stopped fooling around.

"Care to step into the sparring circle? I figured since you have time to play with house-pets you must have already mastered water bending," Pakku said smirking.

Aang woke up using his air bending and he said "I wouldn't say 'mastered' but... check this out!" Aang said and he used his water bending to lift the snow from the ground, stick on him creating a snowman.

Iris could only face-palm her forehead. After another short moment of practicing and learning new forms, something black started falling from the sky. Iris had seen it before. Right before the last attack in the Southern Water Tribe. It was a mixture of snow and coal which like real snowing. She could only assume that they were many...

She turned and looked at her brother who was playing with the snow, still to notice the black snow. "Aang, focus!" she exclaimed at him.

He stopped playing and then he noticed the snow. "What is this?" Aang asked opening his palm letting one of them land on it.

"Snow mixed with coal... the Fire Nation is here," Iris said looking at her brother and he looked back at her with a glare of fear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The day we have feared for so long, has arrived. The Fire Nation is on our doorstep. It is with great sadness I call my family here before me knowing that some of these faces are about to vanish from our Tribe, but they will never vanish from our hearts. Now, as we approach the battle for our existence, I call upon the great spirits... Spirit of the Ocean, Spirit of the Moon, be with us... I'm going to need volunteers for a dangerous mission-"

"Count me in!" Sokka said waking up at once.

"Sokka?!" Katara asked.

Iris wrapped his hand drawing his attention "What are you doing?"

He did not respond and he walked towards the Chief "Be warned, many of you might not return," Chief Arnook said as other men in the crowd woke up. "Come forward to receive my mark if you accept the task,"

Sokka and several other men walked towards Chief Arnook.

The silence before the battle, was one of the worst things Iris had ever experienced. It was just the same as the silence before the Fire Nation attacked the Western Air Temple. They were not prepared, but it was the same overwhelming sound. She had promised herself a long time ago, she would avenge her people's death and she would certainly not allow the Fire Nation do this to other civilizations.