Twins Day Out

Mabel's P.O.V

I sit up and stretch, Morning again! WOOP! I jump out of bed and notice Dipper isn't in his bed. "Dipper?" I say aloud, no response. Maybe he's downstairs? I quickly change into a pair of black shorts and a rainbow sweater that says "I ship it!". I stopped wearing skirts about two years ago, they just weren't comfortable to me anymore. I throw on a headband after brushing my hair and a pair of socks and run out the door and down the stairs. "Diiiipppeeeerrrr!" I yell throughout the house. No response. "Huh, that's weird..." I announce to myself. "Whaaaat" I hear a groan come from the living room, it's Dippers voice. I skip into the living room to see my brother sprawled out on the couch, drool dripping down his chin, and snack foods everywhere. I can't help but giggle, "What happened to you, Bro-Bro". I pull out my small camera, which I always have with me, and snap a picture of him "Bloop!". The camera starts to make a whirring sound and the picture pops out. "Hey!" Dipper yells and jumps, almost falling off the couch. I laugh at him, "Wipe your drool and get up! We're going monster hunting!" I yell, he doesn't seem amused. "Monster hunting?" He says, raising an eyebrow. "Yeah..." I say, a bit confused. He gestures to his arm, I forgot he broke it.... "Oh.... yeah" I say quietly, a bit disappointed. "Well, do you still wanna go into town?" I ask, hopeful. He sighs and finally wipes his chin, smiles, and replies "Yeah sure". "Wooo!" I yell and do a spin, stepping on a bunch of chips and such. He facepalms "Crap, forgot about that" I stop spinning and look at him. "Let me clean this up and shower, I feel gross" He checks the time on his phone; 6:30 exactly. "Give me until 7, then we can get breakfast or somethin" He says and stands up. "I'll get your shower thingy!" I skip off again to get that bag thing for his cast so he can shower. I never can remember its name.

Time Skip to 7:00 (Still Mabels P.O.V)

The living room was clean and so was Dipper. He was wearing his classic outfit that he used to wear every day. Grey shorts, orangish red shirt, and his blue vest. All he's missing is his hat. I stare at him for a second, "Wait here!" I run off upstairs and pull his pinetree hat that he got the first summer here, out from under my pillow. I skip back to him and place it on his head "Blop!". He takes it off his head to inspect it and smiles, "You still have this?". "Of course I do" I return with another smile. He replaces it on his head and goes to open the door. "Text a Stan and tell him we're heading out. Don't want them to spaz out" He walks out the door and I follow him after sending a quick text to Grunkle Ford. 

'Heading out for the day, don't burn down the shack!' I get an immediate response, 'As long as you don't make deals with strangers!' I chuckle and slide my phone back into my phone without replying.

"So, Dipping Sauce. Where ya wanna go first?" I say, skipping next to him. He shrugs "Foooood" and on cue, both of our stomachs growl. "Greasy's Diner?" I question, his face lights up with a dorky smile. "Hell yeah! Haven't been there in forever!" He exclaims and rushes off to the town. I didn't realize he was that hungry, "Dipper wait up!" I yell and chase after him.

About 5 minutes later we're in front of Greasy's Diner, both panting and completely out of breath. We collapse onto the small bit of grass outside the diner. "Uuuuuuuugh" I groan, "Running is hard" Dipper responds, with a groan of his own. I sit up and punch his good arm, "That's why you don't take off running!". I stand up and grab his good arm to help him up, and we both walk inside. We sit in a booth and Lazy Susan rushes over, "Dipper!". He looks over and smiles, "Hey Lazy Susan! How've you been?". "I've been fine," She says with a chuckle, "What about you? Where have you been?!" She asks, half yelling. "Uh-" Dipper looks lost, so I step in. "He's been studying abroad in... Japan!" I explain. "Oooooooh, say something in Japanese darling!" She says excitedly.  "Um... Kon'nichiwa?" He replies. She claps, "Wow! So foreign!". She pulls out her notepad, "Anyways, what will it be?". "PANCAKES!!!" I yell. "Yeah, make sure there are no raisins," Dipper says to himself, and frowns. Lazy Susan didn't catch on, but I heard. I turn my head to the side but don't question him.

"Right away!" Lazy Susan exclaims and shuffles off to the kitchen. "Watcha wanna do today?" He asks. "Hmm, maybe we can just walk around and chill in the woods for a bit? Don't worry, we'll avoid all monsters" I say with a wink. He rolls his eyes and chuckles, "Alright alright". "Yes!" I fist bump the air. "Pancakes incoming!" Lazy Susan sets the plates down and slams the maple syrup on the table. Dipper flinched back, pushing himself against the wall that he was already close to. I frown and once again Lazy Susan is already gone. "Are you ok?" I ask him, concerned. Before he would just laugh at Lazy Susan's craziness and then challenge me to a syrup race. He looks around and shakes his head. "Yeah, I'm fine... Sorry". I grab his hand which is shaking "Don't be sorry Bro-bro. It's not your fault" I say with a soft smile. He smiles back and shifts back over "Let's eat".

Time Skip (Still Mabels P.O.V)

I look at the clock on the wall in kitchen, 5:30 PM. "Dippin Dots, watcha want for dinner?" I ask, if we order something now it will be here for 6ish. He replies with a shrug, "I dunno". Right on cue, our Grunkles walk in. "Hey, kiddos!" Grunkle Stan exclaims, ruffling Dippers head. "What do you want for dinner?" Grunkle Ford asks. "Pizza!" I yell out. Dipper looks very excited at the suggestion "Pizza!", we both start a chant. "PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA!" We shout and fist pump the air repeatedly, Dipper using his good arm, me using both. Grunkle Ford chuckles and tells me to order a large.

Eventually, we eat dinner, Dipper being unusually happy about the pizza. "I haven't had pizza in forever!" Was his excuse. Now Dipper and I are going to bed, the Stans staying up doing who knows what. This time I think it will all actually be ok. Bill is stone, Dippers arm is going to heal, and he has his usual attitude back. More or less. He'll be able to go monster hunting with Grunkle Ford, and I'll go back to helping Grunkle Stan scam tourists. It will be great. I start to nod off to sleep. It will be ok again.