Chapter 42

[Fiore's Castle - Early in the morning]

"Good morning, your majesty." Jai greeted as he pulled out a chair for the queen and then for the king. He went to serving trolley and took out a teapot, filled with freshly brewed tea, and two teacups, "Is Earl Grey, alright?"

The queen nodded in response as Jai poured the tea into the teacups. The aroma of the tea exploded throughout the air as it was poured into the cups. He then served them in front of the king and queen as Anna served their breakfast.

Ethan came to the table and sat down while the queen asked, "Where's the others?"

"I'm sorry your majesty for lying, but I need to do this." He took a deep breath and calmly lied, "Yukiko is still training, Ben and Lavi overslept and Mary is checking on Zack."

"That's a marvellous lie you told there, Ethan." The queen secretly thought to herself as she smiled to herself. She then looked up and made eye contact with him, "Oh, really? Just remind them to have breakfast later on. It's not good to start a day without breakfast."

Suddenly, the king cleared his throat, "Jai, go get Ben, I need to talk to him."

Ethan freaked out a little, but regained his composure almost immediately. On the contrary, Jai did not fluster whatsoever, he calmly bowed and complied, "Yes, your majesty."

Despite agreeing to do so, he had no idea how to get Ben. Considering the fact that he and three of the others went out to get the Princess for the past eight hours and until now, there had been no news about them.

He just went to the left part of the castle, hoping that they will get back as soon as possible, before the king and queen suspect anything.

[Phantom's main hideout]

Emily was feeling increasingly tired with every second that passed. She was not doing anything, but slowly, she had the urge to just fall asleep. However, she tried her best to remain awake, because she just felt that if she were to fall asleep, things will be troublesome.

It felt as if it had been forever, since the her body was taken over by Erica, "When will this end?"

Just as she felt her conscious slowly seeping away, she pinched her arm so that she could stay awake.

Red liquid started to drip out from her nose. The red droplets fell onto the concrete ground, forming tiny puddles.

"Blood?"

Her vision started to blur once again, she was so tempted to just give up and just collapsed. However, Erica's voice suddenly echoed in her mind, startling her.

"I'm done."

Emily was so relieved to hear those words, this time she could finally give in and just passed out.

Emily's body just involuntarily slumped over onto Beck's.

"Hey, Yukiko. Emily, she's..." Mary had no idea what happened, but she felt something strange about Emily, so she went over to her unconscious body. She lifted her body up and wiped the blood off her nose.

She checked if Emily was she breathing, which she was. She smiled in relief, but soon that smile was wiped off her lips when she finally noticed something else.