Chapter 38

Lavi and Mary ran through the dark and eerie hallways, making many turns here and there to find their comrades' whereabouts. However, it seemed like they have been running for a really long time and the outcome was still the same, a dead end.

"Let's make a left turn, we haven't been there." Lavi suggested as they met with two different hallways. Mary nodded as she took the lead.

Suddenly, Lavi came to a halt.

He grabbed Mary's arm and pulled her to a nearby wall.

She had her back pressed against the wall, while he rested his hand on a portion of the wall, that was next to her face.

"Lavi, what the h--" He placed his hand over her mouth, shushing her, "There's someone there."

They hid behind the wall for a moment, as Lavi peeked over to see a man walking towards them. "Stay here." He whispered to her, "I'll go get that guy there, maybe he can tell us about where Emily and Beck are."

He disappeared as soon as he said that.

He then reappeared behind the man and he gave him a tap on the shoulder, "Hey."

The man turned and replied, "Hey, w-- WAIT! WHO ARE YOU?!--" Lavi immediately punched him in the jaw to knock him out, "Sorry, I don't have time for you to freak out. Well, you probably won't hear this now, but I'm Lavi."

He grinned at his accomplishment and signalled Mary to come out. She did and the both of them dragged the unconscious man to the wall. Mary tied the man up and whispered to Lavi, "You should not knocked him out, you know?"

"Well, it's the easier way out, no? We can get more information now."

"Yeah, but we still need to wait him to get up." An irritated sigh escaped her lips as she poked the man's arm, "Wonder when will he wake up? We need information quickly."

"Pass me your water bottle." Lavi instructed as he placed his hand out, "Maybe this would work."

"What? Why?" She asked as she passed her bottle to him. "Well, you'll see." He grinned playfully, "You have the truth serum with you, right?"

She nodded. He noted her response and unscrewed the cap on her bottle, "Sorry."

Just as he said that, he poured the entire bottle on his head.

Surprisingly, the man woke up, but he was in the state of shock.

"What?! Who are you guys?! HELP, INTRUDERS HERE! INTRU--" The man wanted to continue his call for help, but Mary stabbed a syringe at the side of his neck. She then placed her finger on her lips, "Shh, we don't want attention."

The man slowly reached a state between sleep and consciousness, as his eyes turned slightly dead, becoming a completely different man. Lavi squatted down in front of the man, "So, where's Fiore's fourteenth princess?"

The man immediately responded, "...The second highest level, special room: 1707..."

"How many levels are there from here to the her location?" He asked for a second time.

"Seven leve--"

The man's head suddenly exploded as a gunshot was fired behind them.