Chapter 10

Emily felt as if her body was floating, she could not stop it. She wanted to open her eyes but yet she could not. Her body was suspended in total darkness.

"Where am I? Oh. Right, I'm probably dead. Where am I going though? I can't move. Why is it so dark? Is this how it feels like to be dead? Well, I can't complain, at least it doesn't hurt."

Suddenly, a ball out light manifested itself.

"What's this?"

She tries to grab it but her body just wouldn't move.

Suddenly, a warm voice could be heard.

"Emily, wake up."

She saw a figure near the light yet she could not tell who it was. The only thing she know for sure was that it was a figure of a woman who had black hair similar to hers.

Emily jolted up, finding herself on a comfy bed. Her vision was blurry so she had to blink a few times to regain her vision. As she was doing that, she subconsciously said to herself, "Is this all a dream? Am I back at home?"

There was silence... at first.

But, in the next second, A familiar voice replied her, "Unfortunately, no. You're in the Fiore's castle."

Emily turned her head and saw Anna, Jai, Ethan, Mary and Lavi next to her.

"So, how are you feeling?" Lavi asked with a smile.

"Um..." she paused and tried to remember what had happened. Images of that event came flashing back through her mind like a broken videotape. "Beck..." She remembered.

She looked around and anxiously asked, "Where's Beck? Is he fine?"

The room went quiet for a while. All of them looked down as if they are too scared to say something. At that moment, she felt her stomach tightened.

Jai cleared his throat and spoke, "Well, about that, he's definitely alive. So, you don't have to worry about that and Ben is currently with him." He ended with a smile.

A sense of relief went through her as she placed her hand over her chest, "Thank goodness."

A chill went down her spine when she remembered that she did something that should have killed her. "How... Did I survive?" She asked hesitantly, with her hand on the place that she was apparently stabbed herself at.

"Well, before the blade hits your heart, Yukiko manifested her sword back to snow, making your wound treatable." Mary explained.

That was shocking news to Emily.

"Yukiko really did that?" She doubted with a raised eyebrow.

Mary nodded, but her expression darkened in the next second, "...Emily. What were you thinking? You could've died, you know that? What did you-- How could-- WHY?!"

Even though her question came out in pieces, somehow Emily understood what's she was trying to ask. Pulling her knees closer to her chest, she hid her chin behind them. She looked down on her knees and admitted, "I... don-- I was caught up in a moment. I was mad. She wanted me dead, but I wasn't. I thought that if everyone is getting hurt in the process of getting my life, I would just want to end it as quickly as I could."