Chapter 16

After breakfast, Emily followed Yukiko to the back of the castle.

"I can't believe what just happened... How can this be true? It's must a dream! This is probably why Beck want to keep our meeting as a secret, but even so--"

"Why are you still standing there?" Yukiko asked sternly disturbing Emily's train of thought.

"What?" Emily looked at Yukiko confusingly, "Did you say something?"

"Yeah, I did. I asked you to come here." Yukiko grunted irritatingly as she sat down under a huge tree.

Emily followed her instruction and sat next to her, "So, what are we doing?"

"Well, first of all, why did you want me to teach you? Aren't you scared that I might kill you?" Yukiko questioned while scrunching her eyebrows.

"Um... Because your my frien-- wait no, best friend." Emily answered enthusiastically which Yukiko replied with a droll look.

"Alright, alright I was just joking. I don't know why, but it doesn't matter, right? If you want to kill me, you could have done it long ago. Besides, right now, we're are the back of the castle, you have many chances to kill me, but you didn't."

"How would you know? I might do it later." Yukiko challenged with a glare.

Emily turned to face her, before grinning, "Well, alright. When the time comes, I guess I'll regret it, but in the meantime you should teach me some stuff, Miss Yumemiya."

"Ugh, you're insane." Yukiko rolled her eyes before continuing, "Do you have any experience with any sort of combat? Even basic self-defence is fine too."

Emily shook her head.

"Okay, do you know what kind of element you possessed?"

"Nope." Emily answered truthfully.

"Do you have any idea what I'm talking about?"

"Um..." she considered for a few seconds before shaking her head.

"You're hopeless." She scowled while pinching the bridge of her nose as she shook her head disappointedly. "Well, I guess we can first determine the element you possessed."

"So, there's this special energy that you can gain access to." She stated as she manifested a bluish light that coated her hand, "And depending on the element you possessed, the colour can vary."

Emily's eyes lit up as Yukiko did that, she can't help but to keep staring at it.

Yukiko cleared her throat before she spoke, "Since mine is snow, I can transform it into snow if I want to." She focused her energy on her palm and slowly, a handful of snow appeared on her hand.

That amazed Emily, so much that she ended clapping as if she is watching a magician, whom had just pulled a bunny out of a hat.

Emily observed the snow formed on Yukiko's hand as if it's the first time she seen snow. She looked and poked around for a good whole minute before Yukiko started to feel uncomfortable, "Are you done?!"

Yukiko voice boomed into her ears, causing her to give her ears a ginger rub, "Yeah. So, what should I do first?"

"Straighten up and clear your mind." Yukiko instructed while making the snow on her palm disappear. "Take a deep breath and close your eyes."