Chapter 24

She woke up staring at a familiar ceiling. She looked around, observing her surroundings. A sense of familiarity swept through her. This was her room. She got up only to feel a sharp pain shot at her skull. She held onto her head as if it was about to fall off. "Ugh. What happened?"

She shut her eyes as the images of the incident flashed through her mind.

However, the sound the muffled voices from outside disrupted her train of thought. She opened her eyes and got out of bed, even though her head protested. She twisted the doorknob and swung opened the door.

"What. The. Heck."

Lavi was looking through the fridge, in attempt to find some food. Patricia was on the couch, chugging down a shot of whiskey, while causally having her arm around Jai's shoulders. Mary was telling the others about what had happened as she re-enacted, "...Emily was like, 'it's an order'." That impression of Emily that she made was surprisingly accurate.

But, it was embarrassing for Emily.

Patricia noticed her and greeted, "Hey, Emily! Hic, I didn't know you had such attractive friends!"

Everyone shifted their attention to her.

"Oh my god, are you alright?" Hailey rushed to her, "You scared the hell out of me! Do you how worried I was? You just passed out like that!"

Hailey is always calm and collected, seeing her showing so much concern for her made her felt somewhat touched.

"I'm fine." Emily replied as she gave her a reassuring smile.

Her best friend pulled her in for a hug. That surprised Emily, she was not the type that would do things like that, "Thank goodness."

She let go of her after a few seconds and held onto her hands, "Don't do something like that ever again."

Emily gave her hands a gentle squeeze and nodded, "Yeah, I'll try."

Patricia set the empty bottle of whiskey on the coffee table loudly, scaring everyone. "I've ran out." She then stood up and wobbled to the kitchen to get another bottle.

Emily stopped her with her eyes widened, "Patricia, you drank the whole bottle?"

She stared at her, blinked a couple of times before she grinning charmingly, "Yes."

Her breath reeked of alcohol, making Emily cover her nose instinctively. "Then, you shouldn't drink anymore." Emily took the bottle from her hands, placing it back on the shelf in the kitchen.

Patricia pouted and protested, "Noooo! Emily! Stop being mean!" She then paused abruptly for a moment, and with a straight face, she continued, "I'm hungry."

"Patricia... She's definitely drunk." Emily shook her head, "Alright, I'll cook you something. Just sit down and watch the TV."

"Aye, captain Patterson!" She saluted her playfully before jumping back onto the couch. She went close to Jai and began flirting with him. She ran her fingers through his hair, then to his face, "You know, you have a decent face."

Jai was feeling extremely uncomfortable by now, yet his skin colour remained the same, there was no sign of redness at any part of his face. At this point in time, she questioned if Jai was actually a cyborg. He forced out a smile and apologised, "I'm sorry, my lady. I'm not the right person for you. I'm s--"

Before he could finish, Patricia went for a kiss.

But, it failed.

Emily immediately grabbed a nearby magazine and shoved it between them, she ended up kissing the magazine cover, which had a male model on it, promoting some underwear.