Chapter 35

[Fiore's castle, Midnight]

"Did you heard? The Princess was captured by the Phantoms." The guard on duty said to his partner, who replied with, "No wonder security right now is extremely tight."

"Yeah, this is just brutal for us." The guard yawned as he waited for a response from his partner. However, there was just silence, not a single response. He opened his eyes to find his partner on the ground, unconscious.

Suddenly, a shadow zoomed past him.

To protect himself, he raised his spear and warned, "Who are you?! Come out now! Otherwise--" Before he could finish, he felt a blunt blow on the side of his neck, knocking him out.

"Hmm, I guess I need to train these guys more often." Yukiko sighed as she gently rested the guard on the ground. She looked around at her surroundings to make sure that there is no one was present. Just then, a voice was heard behind her, "...I knew you're going to be here."

Based solely on instincts, she got out her sword and swung it in the direction of the voice.

"Heyyyyy, calm down." Ben smirked while Yukiko had her sword pointing directly at his throat. He then raised his arms to surrender, "I'm not going to do anything."

Yukiko gave him a disgusted look, "If you're here to stop me then your efforts would be worthless."

"First of all, stop looking at me like that. Secondly, put you sword away, I have no intention of stopping you."

Her eyes widened upon hearing those last few words, yet she did not believe him, after all this WAS Ben. Her facial expression changed, but her sword was kept at its original position.

"You're not going to put that down?" He asked as he eyed down at the sword and back up at Yukiko.

She shook her head, "No. Why should I believe you? You might have some sort of secret agenda."

He gave her a droll look, "I really don't. Look, I'll even follow you to get my brother and Emily back. I promise."

That somehow seemed to be truthful. "Fine." Yukiko huffed as she reluctantly puts her sword away, "What's your plan?"

Ben rubbed his chin for a couple times before he gave a Yukiko a serious look. "What?" She asked as she jerked her chin in his direction, "What do you have?"

He took a deep breath and admitted, "To be honest..." he paused for a few seconds, raising the suspense.

However, in the next second, he shrugged nonchalantly, "I think we should just wonder around the main town first, have a drink or something. Because as of now, I have no idea how to get them."

"Just go and die." She rolled her eyes before walking right out of the entrance, but she was stopped by Lavi's voice.

"Wow... You two just sneaked off like that to have some fun without me... That's just plain cruel. I'm pretty bored right now, you know."

Yukiko turned to see him snickering away.

"Wow, stealing the spotlight for yourself, huh." Ethan spat out as he emerged from darkness along with the remaining gang, who just showed up.

Jai shook his head in disappointment, "His majesty would not be pleased, if he sees this."

"True, but we don't have a choice. Emily is somewhat our leader, you know? We need to get her back." Mary rebutted. She then folded her arms and questioned, "Jai, are you think of giving out our rescue plan away?

"No." he answered, "But, he is going find out himself sooner or later. You guys know that you are going to get yourself in deep trouble, right?"

"Of course, I can't wait for that." Lavi smiled happily.

"You're such a masochist." Ethan looked at him in disgust but his expression softened and his lips curved up to form a slight smile a few seconds after, "But, I guess I can see what you mean."

Lavi swung his arm forward and smirked, "Told you. See, Ethan gets it."

Shaking his head, Jai chuckled, "I kind of expected this from you guys. Well then, Anna, Ethan and I will be here to cover for the rest of you. However, if things get rough, all of you must promise to retreat. I don't want anyone of you to lose your life."

Ethan passed a map to Mary that had a couple of annotation on it, "We have pinpointed a couple of areas that Beck and the Princess might be at."

Anna unrolled the map that Mary was holding and pointed one area that was marked out by them, "I'm not sure if this is their exact location, but you should start looking from here." Lavi, Mary, Ben and Yukiko crowd around Anna to look at which area she was referring to, before the four of them headed out to that area.

[Fiore castle, Elena and Anderson's bedroom]

"You aren't going to stop them, Anderson?" Elena asked as she stared down at the group of young ability users from her bedroom's balcony, "They are about to go, you know?"

Her Husband showed no signs of reaction, he just continued to look through the report made by Jai as he laid on the bed in silence.

She turned to Anderson and asked once more, "You not going to stop them?"

This time, he sighed and growled, "It's none of my business. I told them once to not do that, since they didn't want to listen, I have no choice. Once they come back, they'll just need to face the consequences."

"You wanted them to do that, right?" She grinned charmingly at him, "You just don't want to admit it."

Normally those type of grins will turn on countless of males, but it did not work on him at all. Instead, he replied in his typical monotonous voice, "I did not want them to do that, it will just cause more troublesome matters."

She let out a laugh and walked towards that serious looking man. She then leaned in to peck a kiss on his cheek but she whispered seductively in his ear, "You should start smiling more often, otherwise you'll get wrinkles and I don't think you would like that." Even with that, he did not react. Instead, he just continued reading those reports.