Chapter 19

By the time the two of them finished unpacking, it was already time to have dinner. Both of them went to the dining room, which was enormous. The ceiling was tall, the floor was carpeted and the furnitures were made out of the finest woods. The food served were piping hot and they were just scrumptious. From the looks of the food to the taste, everything just lined up perfectly.

Beck and Emily headed back to their room as soon as they finished their dinner. For some reason, she felt extremely tired. If she were to guess, she would say that it was probably due to the 'training' she had with Yukiko earlier in the morning.

Emily stretched her arms as she came up with something to break the silence between them, "The food was delicious."

"Yeah, it was." Beck replied with a slight smile, "Oh yeah, about the bed thing--"

"You're on the bed." Emily cut in.

"No." He replied almost immediately. He shook his head and rubbed his temples with one hand, "...This isn't going anywhere is it?"

"Yeah..." Emily agreed as both of them sighed at the same time. Both of them laughed at the coincidence for a good few seconds. Stupid yet funny, probably not to everyone but to them.

"Emily." A voice echoed through the hallway. She turned and saw the beautiful woman approaching her.

It was her Mother.

"Emily, tomorrow you're going back to Earth, just be safe and come back here as soon as possible, okay?" The queen said as she held on to Emily's hands.

"Alright." Emily reassured with a smile.

"That's good. Oh! I almost forgot, you received my gift, right?" The queen remembered, while she wiggled her eyebrows. Strangely, she still looked elegant while doing that.

"Oh, right! That freaking night dress." Emily thought as her face started to heat up, "Yeah..."

Her response was dragged and unwilling.

"Remember to use it whenever you are comfortable." She added on with a playfully grin, which made Emily purse her lips and not give a response.

Suddenly, Beck joined the conversation and asked, "What gift?"

The queen stared at him for a while before smiling from ear to ear again, "Oh it's a ni--"

However, Emily immediately injected to stop her Mother from answering, "Nothing much!"

The sudden raise in her voice sent both Beck and her Mom staring at her in surprise.

After a few seconds the queen broke into laughter and complied, "Alright, it's nothing."

Emily heaved a sigh of relief as the queen asked Beck to stay for a while because she needed to talk to him about something. Emily acknowledged it and scurried back to her room.

"What do you need, your majesty?" Beck asked while giving her a bow.

"Nothing much. I just want you be extra careful tomorrow, I can feel a storm stirring up. Rumours about her appearance had already been going around. There's no doubt it will reach 'them'. Actually, it might have already reached. It can just be my paranoia but still, be careful. There's a chance that they might target the Princess' fiancée, you." The queen explained. Her tone seemed to be completely different as compared to the one she used when she was talking to Emily.

A chill went down his spine when he heard that. He did not fear death but, this time he felt somewhat fearful. Especially when it was associated with those sickening people, whom would take whatever action to get what they want. To them, taking a life is just like their daily routine. To kill or not to kill, they will still feel indifferent.

The more he thought about it, the tighter his stomach got. Slowly, his wound began to throb with pain even though it was supposed to heal up by now. He tried his best to remain composed while he nodded, "I will keep that in mind, your majesty."

The queen noticed there was slight mixture of disgust and anger that was seeping out of him. So, she decided to soften her expression and place a comforting hand on his shoulder, "Don't overthink it. As I said, it might be just my paranoia."

She gave him a smile and bade him farewell.

He then make his way back to the room with his mind filled with thoughts. Honestly, the queen had been really accurate. Whenever she sensed something is going to happen, it will happen. He knew that the queen said that in order to make him feel better, which was thoughtful but not effective.

Those people will definitely come and look for the Fiore's Princess because of the ability she possessed. He will do anything to protect her, even if he needed to sacrifice himself. If he is able to die serving Fiore, he will be glad to do so. This is the only way to repay everything the queen and king had done for him and his older Brother. However, what he feared was what would happen if he dies. There was something he possessed that will turn into a deadly weapon if it fell into 'their' hands. It was sealed within him and if he die, that creature will go wild.

A sharp pain was shot his the bottom part of his torso. He grimaced as he involuntarily slung one of his arms across his middle. "I guess I got to stop thinking way too much."

He rubbed his wound gingerly and continued to make his way through the long hallway to reach his destination.

He opened the door meekly and found the Princess already sleeping on the settee.

"...She was serious." He let out a chuckle, "Again, I guess I expected something like that from her."

When she laid there, she looked so vulnerable. The Fiore's Royalties were known to be elite fighters, who are constantly on guard and will fight to protect others or, not so often, for selfish reasons. But, for some reasons, she looked so innocent, like someone who will feel guilty just by killing an ant.

He placed one arm behind her neck and the other at the back of he knees so that he could lift her up. He held her in his arms and carried her onto the bed, "...But, I still can't let you sleep there."

He carefully let the girl down on the soft bed and placed her so that her head is directly on the pillow. He then covered the blanket over her, leaving her sleeping comfortably.

"Goodnight... I guess." He whispered.

He then laid down on the settee and closed his eyes. "I told her that tomorrow will less crazy than this. Apparently, I'm wrong."

"Sorry, Emily."