Chapter 37

...Her body was glowing.

A layer of greenish light coated her entire body, as she exerted out overwhelming energy. Even though it was her first time attempting to heal, she already got the hang of it. Her warm and gentle energy grazed against his wounds, treating them.

However, Beck knew that this was not entirely a good thing.

"This is bad... She will attract their attention."

He reached out both his arms to grab her shoulders even though, his torso protested. "Emily. It's okay, I'm fine. You can dismiss your energy now."

However, she was way too focused and his words just could not reach her. He then decided to give her shoulders a little shake.

This time, she reacted.

She opened her eyes and looked at him, confused. A sense of relief went through him, knowing that she could finally hear him.

However, it was too early to be relieved.

"Emily, get rid of your energy, before anyone notice."

She nodded and tried to get rid of it by visualising herself returning to normal. This was her first time doing it, so she had no idea if she had done it correctly or not.

She just tried anyway, hoping that it will go away.

Unfortunately, it did not work, her body was still coated by a layer greenish light.

At this moment, she started to panic, "Beck, I don't know how to do it."

"Oh yeah, she's still new. What was I thinking? Of course she wouldn't know to get rid of this amount energy. It will be bad if I try this... But it looks like I have no choice."

He shut his eyes for a moment and recited mentally what he had learnt in the past, "...A collision between the energies of two elements can stop the flow of both energy."

He then opened his eyes and stared down at the chains on his wrists, "I know these restrict the flow of energy, but if I exert a large amount of it, some might slip through. I can do that, but will there be a consequence?"

He shook those thoughts away and shifted to his hands. "There's no point think of it right now, I need to stop her."

He mustered up as much energy as he can. He grabbed Emily's hands and launched his energy to her. Her body was thrusted to the side, as if an invisible force had just pushed her.

Beck groaned as a sudden wave of electrical shock went through body, stunning every inch of him. The initial shock made him felt like every single muscle in his body was about to tear apart. Fortunately, afterwards, the pain slowly subsided while the numbness settled in. "...So, that's the consequence..."

Emily opened her clamped eyes and carefully pushed herself up. Still sitting on the ground, she realised a similar tangling sensation swept all over her body, especially at her arms. At the corner of her eye, she caught a glimpse of Beck who was on the ground, not moving. Anxious, she crawled hurriedly towards him, "Beck! Are you okay?"

His whole body felt numb and that he could not move a single muscle, the only thing he could do was to look at her. His vision blurred for a second and he felt like he was at the verge of passing out, but he did not. Honestly, he was surprised that he didn't. At situations like this, he was thankful to have the fire demon sealed in him, otherwise his body would have broke long ago.

However, it does not change the fact that he could still feel pain.

Emily's stomach tightened as she felt increasingly worried for Beck, who did not and could not say anything. She called out to him once more, hoping for a response, "Hey, Beck! Can you hear me?"