Chapter 34

He woke up staring at a tall grey ceiling. He blinked a few times, trying to recollect his memories. The last thing he could remember was the arrival three phantom members, everything else was in a blur.

An irritated sigh escaped his lips, realising that recalling what had happened was futile. He then pushed himself to sit up, so that he could better scrutinise his surroundings. The moment he did that, sharp pain stabbed his ribs, causing him to flinched momentarily.

"Oh yeah, broken ribs."

He clenched onto his side instinctively, as a rattle sound echoed throughout the enclosed space. He stared down to find his arms being bounded by shackles.

"I should probably do something about this."

He took a quick glance at his unfamiliar surroundings, "Now, where am I?"

The place was guarded by four brick walls. There wer no doors nor windows to be seen anywhere, so breaking out from here was nearly impossible...

For a human that is.

"I should just melt this chains and get the hell out."

He focused his energy on his palms, so that he could manifest his flames. But, the only flame he was getting was a tiny flame that lit up on one of his fingers, but it quickly extinguished itself. Though it unexpected, it did not cause him any dismay. Instead, he quickly found the reason why.

"...This chain seems to be restricting my energy. Well, looks like I won't be getting out of here."

Okay, maybe in this situation, breaking out was nearly impossible for the 'specials' as well.

He cursed under his breath, throwing a sullen look to no one in particular.

He then turned to see a familiar looking girl... Emily.

"I guess I couldn't get her out of that situation, huh." He let out another sigh, as he shook his head in disappointment. He leaned slightly towards her, to take a closer look, checking if she was hurt.

Just as he was checking on her, she woke up. She had a shock of her life when she saw his face right in front of hers. She then unwillingly let out a sudden yelp, scaring Beck in the process. Agitated, she dragged her feet and bottom backward to get back away from him.

Her vision got clearer as her eyes began to adjust to the dimness of the room. Noticing that it was just Beck, she heaved a sigh of relief, "Thank goodness. I thought you were someone else."

She took a couple of deep breaths to steady herself. Feeling much calmer now, she finally noticed her hands were chained up as well. She took a look around as well, discovering that the two of them were in a room enclosed by four tall walls and no doors...

"Okay, how the heck did both of us end up in a room like this?" She wondered as she scrunched her nose.

He looked at her with concern and clarified, "Are you okay? You're not hurt anywhere, right?"

"I don't think so. How about you?" She asked with equal concern as he stood up and dusted his clothes.

"I'm fine--" Just as he said that, a wave of dizziness hit him, making him stumbled forward. Emily quickly stood up and attempted to support him, but she could not, since her hands were bounded together. "Oh, shit."

The both of them ended up falling onto the hard ground.

Beck planted his forearms on the floor to support himself, so that he could avoid falling directly on the girl. "Sorry, Emily are yo--"