Chapter 12

After the execution trial was over, Mary led Emily back into guest room, so that she could rest some more.

On the way there, Mary told her dinner will be served to her directly. Even though Emily protested saying that that would be too much work and that she could just get it herself, the brunette was still keen on her decision. So, Emily had no choice but to comply.

She thanked the servants for bringing her dinner to her and she finished before she went back to bed.

After a few hours, she found herself feeling fully charged up. She sat up and looked around for a clock so she can check the time. Sadly, she could not find one.

She fell back into the soft bed and stared blankly at the ceiling. She shut her eyes, letting her mind wondered for a moment. Everything was happening so quickly. And it was too quickly for her to catch up. Her parents, this title, these supernatural abilities and this... DIMENSION!

How did she get into this mess?

"Is this all true?" This question echoed throughout her mind. She pinched herself to check if this was indeed reality.

"Ow. It is real." She said to herself softly while she gingerly rubbed her sore arm.

Just then, she thought of Beck, "I wonder if he's fine... He got injured because of me."

She rested her eyes for a few seconds before opening them. "It doesn't hurt to give him a visit, right? I mean, that's the least I can do."

She kicked the blanket off and planted her feet on the cold floor. She looked out at the window, where the moonlight shimmered, illuminating the night sky. She could see the healthy field outside. The grass almost had a dark blue shade to it, similar to the rest of the plants, nocturnal animals and other parts of the castle.

It was a calming yet beautiful sight.

She found herself in a daze, looking at view outside. Even though whatever happening to her was chaotic, the scene outside was still calming, it was as if it was there to balance out the insanity.

Realising that she could just sit there all night, enjoying the view, she pushed herself to stand up and head for the door. She swung the door opened to reveal an eerie and frightening hallway, contrary to the view that she just saw.

She shut the door and let out a nervous laugh.

"I've almost died today, I don't think I want to die tonight."

But then again, she felt bad not visiting the guy that saved her. Mustering up the courage, she opened the door once more and looked for someone to at least help her to his room.

Just then, a servant walks by. Thank goodness!

"Um... Excuse me. Do you know where Beck Oliver?" She asked in her sweetest voice.

"Prince Oliver? He lives in the left part of the castle, my lady." She replied quietly.

"Left part?" She questioned. "I'm sorry but where's that at?"

"Oh! Let me show you the way." She kindly offered.

"Is that okay with you?" She clarified with a sheepish smile.

"Of course, it's fine." She assured. Emily was glad that someone was willing to help. Whenever she ask for help in school, other than Hailey, most people just ignored her.