Chapter 25

After dinner, Hailey decided to go home, instead of staying at Patricia's. Probably because of the argument she had with Yukiko, the two just could not live under the same roof. They might just end up gouging out each other's eyeballs.

Emily accompanied Hailey home, even though Hailey protested. Was this a good idea? Definitely not, especially since how people are after her. However, she could not bear to leave her best friend alone at this hour, it was pretty late.

The two walked on the quiet street as cars zoomed past them. They could only rely on the street lamps to guild their way. Hailey stopped her tracks and turned to Emily, "You can accompany me till here, it's pretty late, you should get going."

"It's fine, I can accompany you to your house." Emily persisted. It's been a long time since she had seen her house. Hailey rarely mentioned about her house or her family and whenever Emily had the opportunity to ask about those things, she would choose to avoid the question. This was a little peculiar to Emily, but since Hailey wanted to keep that subject a secret, so why not? Emily never had the intention to force it out of her in the first place.

"No, no. Head back now, young lady." Hailey frowned as she shook her head in disapproval before she finally pleaded, "Please."

She could not reject her if she had already said 'please', so she decided to comply. "Alright, but call me once you reach home. If you meet some drunkards, you know where to kick them." She reminded Hailey with a wink.

"Yeah, yeah." She laughed before waving her goodbye.

Just as she walked for a little while away from for Hailey, she heard a man's voice. "Heyyyy, miss! Are you alone? Hic, you can come with me if you want."

A man emerged from the dark alley.

Emily ignored him and continued walking, "Wow, I just asked Hailey to be careful of these people and I ended up jinxing myself. Isn't. this. great?"

Emily picked up her speed, in attempt to get away from that man. However, the faster she walked, the faster the footsteps behind followed her, "I think that drunkard is following me. Well, let's just hope he will give up soon."

Finally, she was a road away from Patricia's house. She noticed that the footsteps behind her stopped, "Thank goodness! He's gone." Just as she thought about that, the man grabbed her shoulder. She spoke WAY too soon.

"We had been walking forever, where do you actually want to go? Hic, I know another place that is not here. Come on, let's go." The man said as he slung his arm around her neck, forcing her to walk with him. Emily planted her feet on the ground, refusing to move.

The man noticed and asked, "What's wrong?" This time she attempted to glare at the man, to scare him away. But, it failed. Instead, he became mad.

"WHAT IS WITH THAT LOOK?! You are coming with me whether you want it or not!"

He forcefully grabbed her arm and tucked it in the direction he was going. She struggled to get away from his strong grip, but she could not. She started to panic a little as she looked around for a passerby, but there was no one.

It was just an empty street.

She decided to kick him in the leg, to see if he would loosen his grip. He did not. That just made things worse, "You little bitch!"