#Chapter 23 - Better Me

Brandon and I got to the airport, just about an hour and a half after we got there we entered the plane and took our seats, I got the window seat knowing that I wouldn't sleep the whole flight. Brandon looked tired, not as much as me but still tired, it's was pretty early... After half and hour of flight he gave in and rested his head on my shoulder.

I took my laptop out of my bag and started scrolling through the files. If I'm not going to sleep, I better work, I scroll down through the unfinished lyrics I had been working on. I got my beats headphones and put them on my ears while listening a beat that Jack had sent me, he's been helping me and supporting me a lot so I gave him some key lines and he spent some time working on the beat, now I just have to put everything together, but it's hard... I still have to finish the lyrics and something is missing in the song...

After a while without being able to do anything I left those lyrics aside and opened the file of another lyrics that I was working. For this one I only had the unfinished lyrics but I had a pretty good idea about how I wanted the beat to sound like. I started imagining different verses of the song and slowly decided wich ones to use. Eventually I finished the lyrics, I read them again imagining how the song would sound on my mind. I looked do my side and Brandon was still asleep, his head was still on my shoulder, he hadn't moved much, I closed the lyrics file. Something on the corner of my laptop's screen got my attention, it was an photo album, I opened it and the screen got filled with photos of Austin and I, I opened a random one, then I scrolled through the photos, took a few seconds looking at each one, I really don't know why I keep this photos in my computer... ok maybe I do.

"Cute pics..." – I heard, it was Brandon with his head still on my shoulder but with his eyes open, he was awake. I quickly closed the computer and looked at Brandon.

"Good morning sleepy head..." – I told him smiling.

"You didn't slept?" – Brandon asked getting his head of my shoulder and resting it in the back of the seat.

"No" – I just answered, I'm sure I look tired, I didn't had the chance to do my make up so I hope people don't notice. Brandon didn't said anything back about that.

"Will you ever admit that you miss Austin?" – he asked, damn Brandon, why can't you just leave that matter in the deep of the ocean...

"It doesn't matter if I do or not..." – I told him.

"You don't even have to tell me the truth because I know you do... I just don't get why don't you get him back... I mean, he would do anything that you ask him to do." – Brandon confessed, I looked to my lap-top.

"I have good reasons... that's all you need to know." – I confess, he grabbed my hand tangling his fingers on mine, I rested my hand on his shoulder. 7 hours later I started to get agitated because of the lack of sleep, the PTSD pills are not even a option, first because I don't want to take them and second because I don't have them anymore. I was looking through the window, my leg was shaking a bit but I was trying to control it because I still had around more two hours until we land in Atlanta. My hands eventually started to shaking as well, I clenched my fists to make it stop but they were still shaking a bit, Brandon had his headphones on and was listening some music, at some point he turned his head to the side and I guess he saw how tense I was, he looked at my hands and quickly put his arm around me and pulling me closer, I rested my head on his chest hugging him, with the hand he had left he grabbed mine and I relaxed a bit, I didn't stopped shaking but I started shaking a lot less.

"Thanks..." – I said embarrassed

"I'm her for you Bee, remember?" – He said and I looked up to see his face, he gave me a small smile and I hugged him tight staying in that position, I closed my eyes, I didn't fell asleep but it helped me rest a bit and soon we landed. Tony was waiting for us at the airport, once he saw us he smiled and I started walking faster to him, I hugged him tight and so did he. Tony ran his hand through my hair and smiled.