Chapter 36

"Did you miss us?"

"What are you guys doing here?"

"Well sweetheart, we came back for Declan!" My mother said. Oh hell no.

"You are NOT getting MY child. "

"See we thought you'd say that, so we brought our forms that show you have to give him back to his parents." My father said

Dante came to see what was happening and had Declan in his arms.

"What's going on here?"

"Who the fuck are you?" My sperm donor asked

"That's none of your business." I spat

"We're here to our baby back." My birth giver said

"Your baby?"

"Yes our baby, here's the papers."

Adopted parents - Elian and George Lewis

Signed and dated.

"So you have the papers. Then why does your daughter take care of 'your' child? Where have you so called parents been the last 9 months? You may have the papers but until we take this to court and the judge decides who is the true parent of this baby, you are not touching our child."

"We will have him back in no time sweetie." My sperm donor said to my birth giver.

"Yes we will." She said back.

They walked out and slammed the door shut causing Declan to cry.

"I'll go take him up to bed." I whispered trying not to let Dante see my tearing up.

Calming Declan down and eventually getting him to sleep, I put him in his crib.

"Baby, it'll be okay." Dante said
He gave a hug and I fell apart in his arms

"I promise you baby that he will be ours and we'll be a family."

Birth giver - Appointment for lawyers is tomorrow.

Sighing heavily, I showed Dante the text.

"Guess we gotta prepare." He said

"Im not leaving him..."

"You don't have too baby. We can sleep in here."

"Okay. We should do some research though and make sure we get a good lawyer."

We spent the night researching the adoption agency that my parents went through and looking for good family lawyers.

5:00 am

"Baby... we spent the entire night looking things up. I think we have enough for one night."

"Yeah, we have our appointment in 2 hours..."

2 hours later

"Are you ready baby girl?"

"Yes baby. Me and Declan are all ready to go."

We meet with the attorney's in 20 minutes. To say I was nervous was an understatement.

"It's just lawyers honey. We're just deciding what the next step should be." Dante tried to reassure me

"If you say so..."

"Hi! You must be Rebecca and Dante.  My name is Daniella Jacobs. I will be your attorney."

"Nice to meet you Ms Jacobs."

"And this little guys must be Declan!!! He's so cute!"  She cooed

"Thank you."

"So you've been on your own for the last four and a half years? "

"Yes ma'am."

"And you pay all the bills?"

"Yup."

"And it looks like you have really good grades too."

"Thank you."

"Looks here like you also have a nanny for when you guys are at school and work."

"Yes ma'am. She's really nice. When my parents dropped off Declan, I had no clue what I was doing. I didn't have anything ready, but when Marie was hired she was so beyond helpful, she's like a mother to me. She's so sweet and helpful. She cares too. "

"So your parents hired her?"

"Yes, but I pay her and I make sure her and her husband spend enough time together. Plus they have 5 children of their own."

"Seems like you truly care about her."

"I do. She treats us like her own and she loves Declan."

"She's been working for you for the last 9 months?"

"Yes! "

"It says here that your parents went through 20 babysitters from the time you were 8-13 that's 5 years."

"Yeah..."

"Do you know why that is?"

"They didn't get any time off. They spent all their time with me. Monday through Sunday, the sitters were with me 24 hours a day. Plus they didn't get paid enough for that. My parents didn't see that they were the problem and thought I was. They left me right before I turned 14. Then they moved to London, or wherever and sent me money monthly so I could take care of myself."

"Hmm... well I will talk to your parent's lawyer and see what the plan is to set a date for a meeting with a judge."

"Thank you for your time Ms Jacobs." Dante said

________________________________

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating on time! I'm sick. Hopefully you like this chapter!

How do you think the meeting with the judge will go? Will Ressie and Dante be able to keep Declan or have to give him up?