Chapter 10

Ressie's POV

Today is the today. I will finally get answers. Dean told me to wait for him until 4. When he's out of detention. We were going to just meet at a local coffee but he wanted me to wait for him because- well he didn't really say. And I have nothing better to do sooooo... Waiting it is.

I decided to go wait on the bleachers by the football field and wait for him. I texted him and told him so.

I was working on my criminology homework when I heard someone coming up to the bleachers.

"Hey.." I heard a deep voice say. I glanced up to see Dante standing next to me.
He gestured to sit next to me and I nodded.
"What are you working on?" He asked
"Criminology." I answered shortly.
We sat in silence while I finished my homework.

"Ressie... I- shit, I'm sorry baby." I packed up my homework and looked at my phone 4:01.
"I'm going to see if Dean is done." I tried to move past but he stopped in front of me, blocking my path. I huffed out a breathe while I tried to move past him but he didn't budge.
"Move Dante."
He put his arms around my waist and held me where I was. "Wha- what are- are you doing?" Shit. I was nervous.
"I'm trying to get you to listen to me." He smirked down at me.
"Well you've got me. Tell me what you want." I said

"Baby girl, what I said yesterday. I didn't mean to make it sound so bad. Dean, he stole my phone and read our messages. He asked me about you and.. I couldn't lie to him, I really like talking to you. It just happened."

BABY GIRL?????!!!!! 😍😍😍💦💦
"oh my... Um yeah, I'm sorry too..." I couldn't think with him touching me even though he's only really hugging me and, and "baby girl?" Oh snap. Too much. And apparently he could sense that because he moved closer.

We were chest to chest.

He started to lean in when someone cleared their throat.
We both jumped back.

"You ready guys?" Dean smirked at us

I pushed past both of them and ignored Dean's smirk.
"Shut the fuck up." I heard behind me as I got to bottom of the bleachers. I couldn't help but smile.

"You ready cupcake?" Dean said cheekily
"Shut up. Let's go please."
We were now sitting at Rodriquez's coffee shop. It was one of the best coffee houses in town. It also has yummy pastries.

"So are we ready to get down to business?" Dean asked

"Yes." I answered

"So what do you wanna know?" Dante asked

"First things first, why were you fighting with Duncan, Dean?"

"I got here 1 week ago. In that week, I have seen you and Duncan fighting and heard what he called you." He looked at me with sympathy and Anger.

I looked away and focused on my drink.

"Why did you confront him?" I asked
"No girl deserves to be treated like that. Especially one talking to my brother." He said
"What does me talking to your brother have anything to do with how Duncan is towards me?" I wanted to know why he even told Duncan in the first place.

" You talking to Dante means that he actually likes you. He usually just sleeps around." This earned him a punch from Dante
"He already told me that Dean. Now tell me the real reason why you decided to tell Duncan that I have a thing with your brother." I rose my eye brows waiting for him to answer

"I had to tell him to back off." He said coolly.
This got me going. I was pissed.
"Back off? Dean! He wasn't doing anything. He has a girlfriend for Petes sake! He doesn't like me. Even if he did, it doesn't matter. I don't like him as anything as a friend. I don't have a boyfriend. So it shouldn't matter who likes me or who doesn't." I was heated.  Maybe I was over reacting but I threw  my cup away and walked out, ignoring the guy's calls for me.

Back off? Back off from what? I wasn't dating anyone, he wasn't a threat to me or anyone else. He hates me.

Unless... It wasn't Dean who decided  to tell him to back off. I whipped around stopped Dante in his tracks.

"You told Dean to tell Duncan to back off." I stated.

He didn't say anything.

"Wow Dante. Not only did you tell your little brother to do something that YOU should've done. You had him spy on me." I was hurt to say the least and I was done talking.

"Ressie slow down! Wait up! Stop!" He grabbed my wrist and turned me around.

"You got it all wrong baby." He tried to say.
"Then explain it to me! We have been talking for a little over a month! Now your brother transfers to my school and he gets into a fight with my friend. So tell me how I got it wrong." I spat.

He shook his head.

I turned to leave when he grabbed my hand. I looked at him with hurt taking over.

"Can you just shut up for a minute." He said
"Excuse me?" I said

"Stop talking." He said.

No wonder he only gets laid. Real charmer here. He is sexy though.

"That's what helps me get laid" he winked at me

I said that out loud?

"Yes you did" he smiled

I blushed and muttered a sorry

He grabbed my chin and did the unthinkable

He kissed me. It wasn't a long, deep Kiss but it wasn't exactly short and sweet either. His lips met mine and I got lost in the kiss as our lips moved together.

He pulled away and smiled at me.

I looked at the time to see it's almost 6.

"Shit! I gotta get home!" I said hurriedly

"We'll get you home." He said

By the time I got home, it was 6:15. I had to make dinner then clean the house, all before 8.

I had special guests coming over.

I haven't seen my parents in over 3 years. They sent enough money each year that I had the bills paid and everything was covered.

I wasn't thrilled for this tonight, I was nervous.

Why would they come back after 3 years?