Chapter 3

Ressie's Pov

              I know every high schooler says that Monday's suck, and boy are they right. School sucks in general though, I can't wait to get out of this hell hole.

     I walked up the doors of hell, also known as Rosewood High. Original I know. I straight to my locker to get my books for my first period. I heard the locked next to mine open and saw a guy standing there getting his stuff.

    "Hey, my name is Ressie." I held out my hand to him. "Am I supposed to shake your hand?" I'm pretty sure that's what it means when someone sticks their hand out.

"Yeah?"
"Ha. Then no." Um excuse me?
"Excuse me?" I asked. "I'm trying to be nice to you."

"I didn't ask for you to be nice to me Peanut butter cup."

Peanut butter cup? Hell no.
"Hey Ressie!!!!" Orianna said cheerfully.
"Hey, do you know that new guy?" I pointed over to the dude I was just talking too. He had a nice shirt on, Def Leopard. He has blond hair short hair and has brown eyes and a bad attitude. He may be cute but he's an ass.
"Oh! Duncan Harris!! Isn't he cute?!?" She stared at him like he's a god. Yeah. okay. He's attractive I'll give him that.
"More like he's an ass."

"What do you mean? He seems really nice?" She asked looked really confused

HA! Nice? Yeah okay.
"His locker is next to mine and I tried saying hi and being nice and he was a total dick."

"Maybe he thought you were being pushy? You can be pushy towards new people."

"Excuse me? I am not pushy!" I was starting to get real heated. Dear lord, it's probably that time of the month. I rolled my eyes and started walking to class when I bumped into someone.
"Oh I'm sorry!"

"Watch where you're going loser."I looked up to the queen bitch of our school, Raquel Scott. I picked up my books and started to walk away when she yanked my arm back, "what you aren't going say anything freak?"
Wow... Good name calling.
"What are we in the third grade? Loser and freak? That's the best you got? Well good for you! You just described yourself." I brushed past her and walked into my first period class.
That was really harsh to say to her, but she was annoying me.

     Let me tell you a little about Raquel and me. We used to be best friends freshman year until she became the "it" girl. She thought that me and Orianna weren't good enough for her anymore, so she dropped us. Which was stupid on her part because I'm friends with the guys she tries to hook up with, but anyway, her loss.

Orianna and I aren't the most popular people, but we have a lot of friends, in different groups of the social spectrum. To me, that's better than being the "it" girl any day.

"Class, welcome our new student, Duncan Harris." I looked up from my phone and at the new guy. He smirked at me. Jerk. I looked around the room to see all the girls drooling over him. I heard girls whispering and blushing when he looked at them. "Duncan, you can sit anywhere you'd like." I crossed my fingers hoping he would sit next to me. "Thank you sir." Oh so he's polite to other people but not me?  I was in a bad mood so I decided to text Dante, maybe he can change my mood. I was pulling my phone out of my pocket when I heard the chair next to me scratch against the floor.

Oh he didn't. I looked up to see a 6'2 Duncan smirking down at me.

He did.