Chapter 16

Ressie's POV

             High. I was high, not on drugs of course, but high of happiness.  Dante and I have our first real date tonight. Today I was on cloud 9 and nothing could bring me down.

School was going great so far. We were at my locker during lunch when we heard the commotion. 

"Oh my god! Did you see him? He's so sexy!"

"You think he'll notice me in this short skirt?"

A new kid. Again. Great.

"He used to go here, you know. "

"Ressie!! He's back!!! Have you heard the great news?" A girl named Lola said

"Um... Who's he?" Orianna asked

"Ashton! Ashton Taylor!" 

Oh hell no. Ashton Taylor made my life hell. I haven't always been "pretty." It's taken a lot of work and time to forget about him and move on.

Flash back~

Freshman year was hard. I was not cute at all. Acne and braces was all I had going for me. Well that and a crush. A crush on Ashton Taylor.

"Hey Ressie" he said

"Hi" I said shyly

In a group of  5 guys, he stood out alone. He made me feel special and actually pretty.

"Do, do you wanna go to a party with me?" He asked

"You want me to go with you?" I asked

"Well yeah. I've liked you for some time now..."  He blushed and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Okay. I'll go with you." I said smiling.

"Great! I'll pick you up at 8 Friday!" He said smirking.

Friday night came and he came to pick me up. I dressed in a short tight red dress, that I knew he would like.

"Damn baby... You look amazing" he said

I blushed and mumbled a thank you.

He drove us to the party. We got to the house and the smell of alcohol hit me as soon as I stepped onto the sidewalk.

"Let's go get a drink." He day as he took my hand.

"I.. I don't drink..." I stuttered

"Oh come on. It won't be bad if you just have one. " He calmly said

"Okay."  He passed me the drink and gave his friend a slight smirk.

"Let's go play a game baby." He pushed through everyone and took us to a game of  7 minutes of heaven.

It was our turn after 3 rounds, everyone else snickered while he kept a blank face.

This was it. The moment I have been waiting for! A chance to kiss him.

My first kiss...

Except it wasn't him doing it willingly. He just didn't want to lose a bet. He got $50 bucks out of "kissing" me.   A week later at lunch he "broke up" with me. Said it was all a mistake and no one would ever want to date me let alone kiss me.

End of flash back

I have never forgotten that. His friends tried to hit on me, they still do, and this time, it's me who has them crying.

It was like cold water was thrown on me.

"Are you okay?" Orianna asked

"Well well well look at you Ressie. All grown up. Damn." The devil himself said.

"What the fuck do you want Ashton?" I asked

"You grew a back bone. That's sexy." He smirked

I pushed past him but was stopped when he grabbed my wrist.

"Aren't you gonna say how much you missed me?" Ashton asked sweetly

I smiled and said "oh baby, I thought we were past the whole lying to each other thing."

He stop me when I walked past him. He was too busy trying to get his ego back. 

"What was that about?" Orianna asked

"What happened?" Ronny asked

"Nothing. Just had a run in with Ashton." I said dismissively

"You what??" Greg asked

🙄🙄 this turned into me telling my best friend about my past... How I started drinking and partying and everything.

She was understanding and supportive the whole time.

I just left out of how I lost my virginity to him.

No one knew that.