Chapter 5

Ressie's POV

I woke up to a text that made my morning 100 times better.
Dante- Good morning babe. Tell me what happened yesterday? You okay?
Ressie- Morning Dante. It's nothing I can't handle. Plus you shouldn't worry about me.
Who knew a good morning text could change everything? 😊

I walked into school with a pep in my step. I got weird looks from my friends when I walked up to them. "Ressie? Are you okay?" Orianna asked me.

"I'm really good. Today is going to be great." I replied cheekily.

The thing about me, when I'm happy, I'm really happy and it takes a lot to make me mad. When I'm mad, I'm really mad and it takes a lot to calm me down. But before you think I'm a bear, I'm gonna say that I'm also really sensitive. It sucks. I just-

I was cut short in my thoughts when I heard a locker slam next to mine. I looked up into a pair of dark eyes. I realized that they belonged to Duncan. "Morning Duncan." I smiled at him and was met with a cold glare. He went to move past me but I grabbed his hand to stop him.

"What? You're too good to say good morning back?"

He glared down at me. "Why would I want to talk to bitch like you?"

"Excuse me?"

"Look. My locker might be next to yours but that doesn't mean that I want to talk to you or look at your nasty face. So just don't even try." He stormed off and this time I let him.

I blinked away the tears that threatened to spill out, what did I do to him to make him so mad at me? I walked to class- the class I conveniently had with him, trying to think of something that I had done wrong.

I looked at my phone and saw nothing but my reflection. That was the last thing I wanted to see after what he said.

I couldn't help but think if Dante thought the same thing every time we talked. It would make sense. I pushed that thought out of my head and headed to my class.

When I walked into the class, I walked to my usual seat in the front. It's closer to the exist so that's why I picked it. Plus I really liked this teacher and his class always made my day.
Mr. Russo was my senior criminology teacher. Veteran and former FBI cop. He was going to teach me the basics about what my future job.

"Today class we are talk about the human behavior and mind."

50 Minutes later and the bell rang. FINALLY! FOOD!!😍😍😍💙💙
I gathered all of my belongings and started walking to my locker. When I got there, I saw that it was already unlocked.
I looked around the hall way and saw no one. Not even Oreo.
I opened my locker and a paper fell out. I put all my stuff inside and picked up the paper.

Meet me on the football field. We need to talk.
-D

D? As in Duncan? I hope so, I don't know many people with D names. I need first before I meet up with him.
I ran to the lunch room, okay I didn't run, I walked fast. I don't run. 😂
I zoomed around a corner and ran straight into a wall. Again. Dear Lord, I gotta stop doing this. I took a step back and realized the "wall" was again, Duncan. We are just meant to run into each other.

"Seriously? Again?" He looked down and scowled at me. I rolled my eyes and muttered sorry.  He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the doors that lead out to the football field.  We walked up to the middle of the bleachers. Well here we go, I thought.

I took a  deep breath and waited for him to say something.  He kept sighing.
"What did you want to talk to me about Duncan?" Okay maybe I should've been nicer but I'm hungry and he isn't talking. I looked at him out of the corner of my eye and saw him clench his jaw.
"I-I don't know where to start. I guess I'm sorry for this morning."
I thought that he had more to say so I waited  for a few minutes. When I realized that he wasn't going to say anything, I got up.
"If you're sorry, I mean, you GUESS you're sorry, then we're finished here. If that's the only thing you want to say to me." 
Grabbing my stuff I made my way down the stairs.  I missed out on food for this crap! Ugh.
Shaking my head I walked back into school.

Seriously? Who does that? Wasted my precious eating time just to say "oh I guess I'm sorry" oh you guess huh? Typical. My buzzed and I jumped. Honestly this happens a lot, I get into my own little world.  I checked to see that I had a text from Oreo.

Oreo- Where are you???? You never miss lunch!
She had a good point for over using the question marks.
Ressie- Orianna, I'm coming through the doors right now.
I walked up to our table and saw that Duncan was already there. I mean, I know I don't run but I didn't walk that slow.
"Where have you been Rebecca?" Greg asked me.
"I was busy." I looked at Duncan who just glared down at his plate. At least he got food. Little shit.
I scrunched my face at him and sat down.
"You want some of my food babe?" Ronny asked
I just shook my head. "You're going to turn down food?? Who are you and what happened to my best friend?"
"Orianna calm down, I'm just going to skip my last 2 classes and go get something to eat. We're not doing anything anyway."
"You want us to come with you?" She asked
"Nah. I'm good."
"If you say so..."

I left school as the bell rang for 6th period. I stopped at Chipotle and went home. I looked at my phone and saw that I still didn't have a text from Dante. I guess now is a good time as any other to learn how to push my emotions down...