Chapter 29

Going to school, I was in a pretty good mood. After talking to Oreo last night, it was so nice to feel relief and not just talk to myself or to a baby. School is uneventful so far, which is not a bad thing at all.

The time lunch came, it was still pretty nice and boring. No drama.

Come home right now!!!!!!!! I saw that the text is from Marie.

On my way. I texted back

So much for no drama...

Thoughts raced through my mind about what could be wrong.

Opening the door I walked into the house.

"I'M HOME!" I yelled

"Oh good!" Marie said " I have something for you to see." She grinned

"Okay?"

What the fuck?

"Hey baby girl."

"Dante?! What are you doing back early?" I ran and hugged him

"I missed you so much." I told him

" I missed you too baby girl."

"Where's our baby?" He asked Marie

"Upstairs sleeping."

"Oh, I will let my boy sleep then." Dante said

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming back?" I asked

"It's called a surprise baby." Dante said

"So was it a surprise for you to ignore my texts too?" I said sassily This man wasn't gonna get away with ignoring me so easily.

Scratching his neck he said " About that..."

"Marie?"

"Si?"

"Would you like to join us for dinner? Like a have a family dinner with us?" I asked

I watched as her face lit up then her smile faltered a little.

"I would love that but I think I am going to leave you love birds by yourself so you can have your first family dinner together and I will go home to my husband, that crazy man." She laughed

"Oh, okay. Muchas Gracias Marie."

"De nada" She left giving me a kiss on the cheek and whispering something in Dante's ear that made him blush and nod in response.

"So are you gonna answer my question and give me a reason as to why you have been ignoring me?"

"I was pissed at myself for scaring you with my proposal. I shouldn't have just came out and said it. I just, fuck. "

"I was shocked yeah but you didn't give me a chance to respond before you got pissed off. I love you and nothing you can do will change that. I would love to marry you, just not now."

"I get that baby. So instead of a engagement ring I have something else. " He pulled out a ring box. Getting to one knee, he opened it.

" It's a promise ring. I promise to love you and Declan everyday, greater than the previous. I promise never to leave you or hurt you in any way. I promise that in the future this ring, will be replaced with a wedding ring. I promise to be your best friend and be there whenever you need me.  I promise to be the father to our kids. We will show them what real love looks like and how to love people. I love you." He placed the ring on my shaking hand. He got up, wiped a stray tear and kissed me gently. 

" I love you so fucking much. I am so glad you're home with us again." 

Hearing crying on the baby monitor broke up our moment. "Are you ready to meet your son?" I asked 

"Yes I am." He grinned 

The moment that Dante saw our child even though he was crying, his face was pure love. 

"Can I?" 

"You don't have to ask daddy. He would love to be held by you. " 

He picked up slowly  "I'm your daddy Declan." He whispered 

After he said that Declan stopped crying and smiled at him. 

This was my beautiful family.