Chapter 6

Ressie's POV

Today is going to be different. I woke up at 5:30 am. I was ready to take this day on. I put on spandex and a sports bra while I was getting my music ready. I was going to go workout. I have an in home gym so I usually did squats or weights. But today, I was going to run again. I was going to start off my day right. I walked out of my house and started at a slow jog down the block. I started going faster as the beat of my music speed up.

I ran down 3 blocks before I heard screaming coming from a house.
"I hate you, you son of a bitch! I wish you were never born! I should've aborted you when I had the chance! Then I wouldn't be living like this! YOU are the reason we are living like this."
Damn... I can't imagine what that person goes through everyday.
I was going to start running again when I heard a door slam. I looked up to see Duncan storming out of the house where the screaming came from. He had bags that were full of clothes and stuff.

He looked up and our eyes meant. He was the first to look away and slammed his car door. I looked at my phone and saw that it was almost 6:10. I have 40 minutes to get home and take a shower before I have to leave for school.

I started booking it home and made it there in less than 15 minutes. Remember when I said I don't run, yeah well it's a new thing I'm trying out and running 3 blocks in less than 15 minutes almost killed me.

Out of breath, I got a bottle of cold water and headed up stairs. I turned on the cold water in the shower and started listening to "Needed me" By Rhianna.

After my shower, I put on a black crop top with lace across the back. I paired it with ripped skinny jeans and a pair of black booties.

Today was MY day.

When I walked into school I saw Ronny and Raquel all up on each other, great just what I wanted to see. I pushed down the sarcasm and walked over to them. They were on my locker. I took a deep breath and faked a smiled as I was in front of them.

"Excuse me, you're on my locker."
"Oh shit! Sorry Ressie." Ronny smiled at me sheepishly and took Raquel's hand and pulled her away. She glared back me and flipped me off. She's having a good day.

I brushed it off and opened my locker, I was putting my books into my back pack when I heard a slam come across the hall way. I closed my locker and walked towards the sounds.

"FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" I heard being chanted. I wonder who's fighting now 🤔
My curiosity got the best of me and I walked right into the middle of the crowd.

"GET HIM RODGER!" Oh dear lord, whoever is fighting him, I wish them lucky. Rodger is the a 230 lbs, 6'4 defense player for our football team. He's been known to never to lose a fight.

"DUNCAN GET UP!" I heard someone scream

Duncan? I looked closer at who was getting punch and saw Duncan on the ground.

"Duncan! What the hell?" I shouted at him. Rodger threw another punch and it landed on the floor. Duncan had moved his head just in time.

"When you want to live to see another day, I suggest you never touch my girlfriend ever again!" Rodger yelled. I looked in the crowd to see Alicia Johnson, Rodger's girlfriend smirking at the scene in front of her.

I looked back at the fight and saw that Rodger was on the ground and Duncan was on top.
"You should know that your "girlfriend" does amazing things with her mouth dude. It didn't take much for me to make her cum either. She told me that you can't even pleasure her and being with me was the most excitement she's gotten in the past 3 months."

What the hell is he thinking? Rodger gave Duncan a really good right hook that caused Duncan to fall to the floor again. Rodger got back on top of him. Before I knew what I was doing, I was pushing Rodger off of Duncan.
I helped Duncan get to his feet and stood between him and Rodger.
"What the fuck is going on between you two?!" I screamed
"Get the fuck out of my way Ressie. I'm not finished with this piece of crap." Rodger spat

"The only piece of crap here is you Rodger. You can't see that Alicia set you both up. SHE is the one at fault." I glared at her and she stood wide eyed.
"Honestly if you think that Duncan is the only guy she's cheated on you with, you better rethink that."
"Ressie what the hell are you doing?" Duncan said behind me, " I'm trying to help you, you asshole."
"What are you talking about Ressie?" Rodger asked

"Ask her yourself. Ask her how she survives during winter break, spring break and summer without you getting her off? Or that's what she wants you to think." Rodger took a frightening step forward.

What did I get myself into?

"Hey baby! Why don't we go out this weekend to your parents loft and finish what we started." Me and Rodger both turned to look Duncan as he winked at Alicia. She blushed at his comment.
Was he trying to get himself killed?
I looked back at Rodger who had his fist lifted ready to punch someone.
"Get out of the way Rebecca. Now!." Rodger pushed me down.
Before he swung at Duncan I threw myself back between them just as his fist was coming down.

"Oh shit!" I heard people saying

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? GET TO YOUR CLASSES RIGHT NOW!!!!"

I slowly got to my feet to see Rodger and Duncan standing next to Principle Baker.
"You 3. My office. Now." Baker said sternly.
I didn't looked at either of the guys as we walked into the office.

Rodger went in first. Leaving me and Duncan alone together. "What the hell were you thinking Ressie?" I rolled my eyes and looked up at Duncan. "What did it look like? I was helping you." I replied
"I didn't need your help." He said angrily
I scoffed, "clearly you did." I glared up at him.

"You aren't my savior Rebecca! I never asked for your help and I never wanted it." He stood up in front of me and started pacing.
"Rebecca huh? And you didn't need to ask for my help! You laying on the ground taking a beating was enough for me to want to help you. I'm so fucking sorry I saved you. It won't happen again."

I was just done with him.

My phone vibrated and I looked to see that I had a text from Dante.

Dante- Is your eye okay? Hope it doesn't swell too bad.

Wait! How would he know that I got punched?...