Chapter 33

Declan is 4 months today. He's getting so big. 

                             "You're so big baby boy!" I cooed 

                              He gave me a big smile in response. My little handsome man. 

                           "How's my two favorite babies?" Dante asked 

                             "Good!" 

         "Are you ready to graduate in 3 months?" He asked me softly

           "Yes, I can get out of h.e.l.l. soon. " I've been trying to not cuss in front of Declan even though he's too young to understand, I rather stop now then when he can repeat. 

   "Hopefully after you graduate the army will know what they want to do to me and where to put me. " 

"What do you mean?" I asked

 "They want to station us at Ft. Dale, Ft Lakin, or Ft George. They haven't made up their minds yet so who know but they told me that in a few months we would know." He explained 

"When we were you going to tell me that you were going to move away?" 

 "What do you mean 'me'? You and Declan are coming with me." 

"We aren't married yet.... " I stated 

"So? You really think I would leave you guys behind? My contract is close to ending anyway so who knows if they even will move us."  He says 

"When were you going to tell me all of this?" Being kept in the dark was the worst feeling and one of my pet peeves. With having a baby to take care of I needed to start working and we could always use the 2 incomes. 

"It doesn't really affect you so I didn't think about it." 

Big mistake.

"I could've been looking for a job Dante. You aren't the only one affected by this shit. We have a CHILD and EACHOTHER. Or in this case you just have yourself because telling me anything is a waste of your time because 'it doesn't affect me'." 

"Even when my contract is up, we will be fine because of the shit load of money you get from your parents. I don't get why you're even worrying about getting a job." 

"So having shitty parents that are only good for the money is it for you. Got it." 

Maybe I was being dramatic but that hit a nerve. 

"My parents' money is guilt money. I worked hard to survive and not let people find out that I didn't have parents and they didn't want me, clearly since I 'have' money I am well off and don't have worries. I don't have to worry about how my child is going to eat the next day or which bills to pay. I guess not being good enough has it's perks." I stated walking away.

Leaving him speechless I went to put Declan in his crib and go to bed. 

I lay on the bed and just think. He's right, I don't have to worry about getting a job because even though my parents aren't here for me they send me money. A lot of it. But I also am working my butt off to stay in school, take care of Declan, and make sure I have a house to live in, in the mean time.  

"I'm sorry Ressie..." 

"You're not and that's okay. You were right, you were a dick for not telling me about the contract stuff but you were right about money."

"You just grew up differently from me and I guess i'm bitter about the money thing. We didn't have a million dollars to throw around." 

"I don't throw around anything. I either pay bills or it goes straight to savings. I walk on egg shells with my parents. If they stop sending me money I will lose everything. That's why I started putting most of what they send in savings so if that ever happens, i'm covered."

"I didn't know..." 

"You didn't ask." 

"You're good enough you know. More than good enough actually. You're a great mom." He said after a few minutes of silence. He wrapped his arms around me and spooned me. This is how we slept. 

______________________________________________________________________________

Longer update on 8/30!

I got my first tattoo today! Anyways Hope you guys like the chapter!