-11-

Asher's pov:

I watched the pack train, they didn't know why I doubled their training time but didn't complain even if it's been weeks that this is going on now.

I still had no idea where or when these rogues would attack, would they go for another pack or mine first?

I was saw lost in thoughts that, when I felt a hand on my shoulder, I caught it and flipped the person over my shoulder and stepped on their neck, holding their arm, ready to break it.

"A..... Asher." I saw it was Helix and sighed, letting him go.

"Sorry but don't sneak up on me." I said and offered him my arm to take, he smiled and I pulled him up to his feet.

"Why did you almost make me kill you?"

"The queen wants to talk to any wolf that comes from the Clover, Calamity and Blackblood packs, the whole land got this invitation."

My mouth hung open.

The queen herself?

Vampires and werewolves had a monarch that set laws in place and could get the entity of the two race in a giant war if they wished instead of the normal small battle between packs and clan, alphas bowed to them.

"When was this invitation sent?"

"A few days ago but the whole land already prepares for it."

"Only those wolves can go?"

"No their mate needs to come with."

"Alright when is the meeting and where?"

"The castle up in the mountains and in a week."

"Alright, I leave the pack with you and Roxy, make sure they are trained." I had told him and only him about the rogue problem, someone needed to be aware of it if I wasn't around.

"Yes alpha."

I walked to the house, telling Ashley on the way, I saw she was freaking out before I left, the mate needed to come.

Ashley's pov:

I was sweating like mad when I knocked on Carla's door, if the queen asks for the mates no way I can say no..... Even if I want to.... Or only half of me wants....

"Yes?" Carla opened the door.

"T-the queen off the werewolves has convoked a meeting with the Clover, Calamity and Blackblood pack" I said.

"And? You're scared?" She asked.

"I must bring my mate to without having the option not too.... But I don't want" I sighed.

"But if they need to go you need to tell them."

"T..... T-th.... Then..." I couldn't say it.

"Are you alright?"

"Thenpackyourstuffbecauseweareleavinginthirtyminutes!!!" I quickly said and it took her a few minutes to realize what I said.

"You mean...." She shut up, pointing between her and me with raised eyebrows.

I sighed, lowering my head and nodding.

"I..... I-I don't know what to say.... I'm not looking to be in a relationship with anyone right now." She muttered and I didn't expect anything else really and I didn't want a relationship either but it still hurt more than it should, turn my heart already made of dust in to smoke.

"Don't worry, it's not a problem.... I don't either, I could reject you if you wish." I said making my shoulders feel heavy like a tone of brick was put on each.

"But isn't rejecting someone..... Hurt you guys?" She asked.

"Well it does but I'll be fine, mate are soul mates, made to be your other half, some lucky wolves can find a second mate if the moon goddess chooses so and I was unlucky up until now... So my luck should come back full force soon so don't worry." I say with a smile but I couldn't tell she could it tell it was forced from my part as Crystal whimpered in my head.

She stayed quiet for a while before shaking her head.

"I don't want to hurt you, don't go through with the rejection but that doesn't mean I want any romance."

"I said neither do I."

"Alright then.... I'll.... Be ready soon." She closed her door and I stared at it for a while before walking away on auto pilot, it hurt..... She just basically rejected me without officially rejecting me.... But it still hurt..... Was I really alright with not wanting her as a mate? No..... No I wasn't.... Honestly I don't care anymore that she's almost family to Asher, I thought that weeks ago.... I don't care.... I want my mate but she doesn't want me.... Fuck my life.... Fuck everything....

I wiped away a stray tear and went to get ready.

Carla's pov:

After I closed the door my face flushed cherry red..... OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!

I must have been standing there for a while before I shook my head and started packing my stuff I thought I could need.

I never thought, of all people, I would be the mate of a wolf.... And Asher's twin above all... Yes she is pretty and nice but I'm not ready for any type of relationship right now.... I almost took back my words when she told me it wasn't a problem because her smile didn't reach her eyes, if not for that I would have believed her completely.

I sighed and shook my head again to shake away the guilt.

Asher's pov:

"Why would the queen need us?" Sky asked.

"I don't know love but you'll be the only queen of my heart."

"You are so cheesy sometimes."

"And you like it." I hugged her from behind and nuzzled her neck before kissing it and making her squeak, I laughed and let her go, she turned around with bright red face.

"ASHER!!" I laughed at her flustered face.

"Oh don't be mad." I chuckle.

"Hfff." She looks away.

"Oh my queen please look at me." I muttered but she didn't.

"My queen, my love, I was just playing." I said and took hold of her chin and turned her face towards me, I didn't wait for answer or complaint and kissed her.

I heard her sigh and wrap her arms around my neck.

"Get a room!" Sky stepped away, blushing like a mad man while I rolled my eyes at my sister with Carla standing next to her.

"Are you--" "Nah neither of us want a relationship right now." Ashley said with a smile but it didn't reach her eyes as they held pain. "She's only coming because the queen asked."

"Alright.... We should go now." I said with a sad smile in her direction before it vanished so the others didn't see but Ashley felt it through to twin bond and sighed a little.

"Let's go." She said and we took off towards the mountains.