Chapter 28. Training

HI guys :D

I just wanted to say I love you guys so much. Legit.

Without you guys my book wouldn't have gotten anywhere, and to be honest, this wasn't a planned out book. One day I just got bored and was all like "LA DI DA DEE DAA"

But for only 28 chapters, my book is doing great. 

Thank you to all my readers.

Raven's POV***

Things were slowly getting back to normal. I was able to finally shift back into my regular form yesterday. It was somewhat painful, mostly because I've been in my wolf form for 4 days. It felt good to be walking on two legs, lemme just say.

However, I haven't gotten to see Tyler often. He won't stop investigating the knife that had been poisoned by God knows what/who. So lately, I've been hanging out with Dylan and Anna. It felt good to have people I could call friends. I had gotten to know each of them a lot lately.

Dylan has a younger brother, Cole, but apparantly he's in her old pack. Her mate, Asher, is super protective over her, yet he's kind of a jokester kind of guy. 

Anna and her mate Mike - whom I stll don't like from one of our earlier encounters - are doing well. Today, she's going to the doctor to see if she can ever have kids again. I feel horrible about the time I hit her with a rock, yet what Jarod did to her was worse. 

She has some bruises on her neck, but they're fading. Mike rarely leaves her side, and I don't really blame him. What's scary, is that Anna gets night terrors. Again, I don't blame her. She was beaten by a sadistic mother fucker, and that would mess me up too.

Although I'm safe from Jarod, there's that constant fear in my head. Was there someone else here that I couldn't trust? But what still forever haunts my memories is the women that were in that cellar. 

And yet another part of me mourns for Jarod. He had a mate - Madilyn - and she was killed by an illness or something like the sort. It was clear Jarod was very much in love with her. And today, I planned on talking to Connor. I've been wanting to for a while. Surely he must've met Madison at one point. After all, Jarod was his brother.

I sat down at the kitchen counter. Today was also the day that I started training officially. Since the chaos with me trying to join the pack, we're going to do that when everything calms down. So for now, I'm an unofficial member.

Excited, I picked up an orange and started to peel it. 

"Hey, Luna." Someone said. I turned to see Connor. I gave him a small smile. Just who I wanted to see.

"Hey, can we talk?" I asked him. He nodded before sitting on the stool next to me.

"I've been meaning to ask you about . . . um . . Madilyn." I muttered. His eyes widened for a split second as her name rolled off my tongue.

He let out a sigh, trying to calm himself. He rubbed his hand through blonde hair and seemed to be having a memory of some sort.

"Well, what do you want to know?" He asked silently, like a child.

"How did her and . . . your brother-"

"Jarod." He cut in, his eyes stony and hard. I nodded.

"Yeah, Jarod. How did they meet? And what was she like?" I asked. 

"Well, she was a lot like you for starters, and looked a lot like you as well." He started. But that much I already knew. I remember the day Jarod took me into the cellar, and revealed me to his past.