Chapter 40. He's Back

Sorry I haven't updated in soooo long!!

I've been so busy plus I've been trying to get a few other books up to date!

School is so stressful ugh like I can't get a break and then I've always got soccer . . . speaking of which I have soccer tonight and it's coooold!

QOTD : You guys play any sports?

The previous days events left me irked and confused. I wanted to call Tyler and tell him everything and get his advice on what to do. He was Alpha, and had been for a while. So surely he'd know how to handle this.  I was still settling into my position as Luna and it's been months. As confident and proud as I seemed, I was still anxious when it came to leading. 

I could make the wrong choice which could lead to disaster, and it will be my fault. Tyler was supposed to have brought Ro back today. So far I haven't heard from him which makes me feel antsy. 

Sighing, I continued to examine the camera. I haven't left Tyler's office. I've been trying to track a scent on these to insure the fact it belonged to Blood Moon. So far all I see is a normal camera. How they would have gotten the technology to rotate the certain cameras into new spots already confused the hell out of me. The funny thing was that there was no tape, so we couldn't see what's been recorded. 

A knock on the door made me jump, my heart race spiked, but I groaned when I realized it was just Connor. 

"Just me," He said with a toothy tease of a smile. I rolled my eyes.

"Still trying to figure out the whole camera thing?" He asked, sitting down on Tyler's leather couch in front of me. He looked up at me, eyes wide, and jaw locked.

"What?" I ask in annoyance.

"What?" he replied.

"I know you're dying to say something, so what?" I say in a short tone. He let out a deep breath, followed by another.

"I've got news," He said, rubbing his hands together, and avoiding my eyes. I narrowed my orbs on him. What was he not saying?

"Well? Spit it out, I ain't got all damn day," I growl in frustration.

"Well, first off, Asher and Dylan are engaged-"

"What?" I ask in shock, doing a double take. Those two, married? They were so young! My heart began to feel warm and fuzzy and I realized just how excited and happy I was for the two. Grinning, I reached for the phone to call her, but Connor's hand on mine stopped me. I looked up at him in confusion.

"I wanted to apologize, ya know, for when we went to the diner and I just laid all that crap on you. It . . . wasn't fair of me," he hung his head as his face burned red with embarrassment. I glanced down uneasily at his hand still on mine. As if sensing my feeling, he quickly took it off as though he'd been burnt with fire. 

"Don't apologize." I told him with a shrug. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Oh and, Tyler is on his way back with Ro," He said with a small smile. Excitedly, my heart race began to pick up with intensity, and I felt my wolf pace back and forth. I couldn't wait to see him! I missed him so much more than I had realized.

"Okay great!" I yipped, as I slumped down on the chair. 

"So, when will you tell the pack about the cameras?" He asked. I sighed.

"I'm not sure-"

Suddenly the door burst open and there stood Craig with sweat beading down his face.

"Luna, Beta Connor, we have a problem," He said with a panicked look as he fought to catch his breath. Now my panic picked up.

Before I could ask a question, someone appeared right behind him.

"Damon?" I squeeked in the smallest voice possible.

--

His blank oceanic blue eyes took me back to the past to when I had been in Blood Moon's underground palace and when I almost had to marry him, and he just sat there and took it all. He watched me suffer and said nothing. He was ready to take away everything from his own brother, all because he was a cowardice. I almost had to marry him in front of his brother - my mate! Suddenly anger began to burn through my veins at the memory of my beaten and bloody mate dangling from Tanner's arms. 

"Wait-" Craig took a step forward, but I was already hauling myself over the desk and had Damon pinned to the wall with my elbow. 

"What the hell are you doing here?" I growl, feeling my canines begin to grow. His eyebrows furrowed as his mouth began to move, but it came out fuzzy due to me cutting off his circulation with my arm. 

"Raven, let him explain," Craig said, coming to my side. He pressed his palm to my shoulder as if to reassure me. I growled before I applied more pressure, making his eyes grow wide. I marveled at the sound of his panicked breathing.

[Stop.] My wolf growled. But I didn't.

[Don't be Red Wine] She said, and immediately I retracted my arm. Red Wine? He bent double and began to pant heavily. I took a deep breath as I remembered my old life and how I used to terrorize other packs with my claws. Feeling antsy, I took a deep breath and shook myself out of it. 

"What are you doing here?" I demanded.

"Well, still fiesty I see," He said with a chuckle as he rubbed his neck, straightening up. I growled.

"Answer me." 

"I think you and I had better sit down and talk," He said. I growled, growing impatient. He merely smirked. I wanted to punch the shit out of him. 

"Connor, Craig, keep extra watch on the pack, don't let any go out running unless they go in a group of 4. Bring me  Asher," I ordered the two of them. Craig nodded, and quickly ran out of the room. Connor however, stayed for a second, his eyes lingering on Damon. 

"Go Connor," I growl in an authoritive voice, and not a second later he's left the room. 

"Upstairs, no one will disturb us there," I tell him with a venemous tone. He raised his brows but followed me out of the room nonetheless.

I made my way down the hall, staying skeptical. For all I knew, this was an attack, or an ambush. I kept my ears alert for him as he stepped behind me. I had to be careful. I slowly made my way up the stairs, keeping my canines longer than usual.

"This way," I said as we reached the top of the stairs and went into the guest room.

I opened the door for him as he grinned and winked at me. I rolled my eyes, following him in. 

Really short but I feel like you guys deserved something it's been so long

QOTD : Do you guys play any sports?