Chapter 35. Dancing in the Dark

I threw down the final blast, however my leg was swept out from under me. I growled.

Today was my final training session, and it was what the pack called "Initiation". Usually it was for young teens in the pack. It was too see if they were strong enough to fight and defend for their pack. It was like battle of the fittest. All the ones ready for their sparring were lined up at this gym that the pack owned, while two members were on the mat. The first one to submit is the loser. However, you get two chances.

The first sparring is in your human form. After one submits, you get a 5 minute interval to get water and rest before you go back and continue to fight in your wolf form. 

The losers get back in line, along with whoever else loses. If you lose 3 times in a row, you have to continue training for another 2 weeks. 

Granted I was an adult, I still had to do this to prove my loyalty to the pack. And I had no problem sweeping this bitch off her feet. It was the one who was eyeballing my mate the first time I was out training. She was still jumpy and light on her feet, yet her blows were nowhere as strong mine were. 

Sweeping my hair out of my face, I rolled sideways as she tried to choke me out. I got out last second before a nail of hers raked my cheek, causing blood to seep out. I growled in annoyance. This girl was really pissing me off. Tyler and Craig were here watching, along with Dylan, Anna and all my other friends. It was a little embarrassing because they had already finished this part of their training, and were now official pack protecters, but now I felt like a small pup as they watched with amusement. 

Dylan right now was my number one cheerleader.

She would stand there next to Asher and Anna, fist pumping and yelling things like, "Put her on her ass!" or, "Punch her in the vag! C'mon Raven lay her down!" 

Anna was standing quietly near Dylan and my mate, grinning and giving thumbs up. Tyler stood there with his arms crossed, seeing what was next to happen.

As I stood up, I saw her running straight at me, raising her fist to strike me. 

Oh God make this work, I thought to myself, before I took off running towards her. I waited for the right time.

She bounded up on her foot, ready to jump on me and pin me down, however, I slid my legs down - like a baseball player sliding to home plate.

She gasped as I went under legs. A small smirk caught my mouth. 

Swiftly, I reached out for her ankle, pulling her down. She landed with a thud, as I dragged her underneath me, me straddling her with my hands pressing against her neck.

She squirmed, before suddenly, she dropped her head, baring her neck. I glanced at her face. Clearly she was pissed. I got up, leaving her behind to get water.

"Raven!" Dylan called, pointing behind me. Alert, I turned to see the blondey running at me, full speed. I groaned internally.

Bringing my fist back, it made connection with her nose as she fell to the floor in heap. The other teens in line gasped or even made small comments.

"Stay down this time," I growled as she curled into a ball. 

"That was so kick-ass!" Dylan squeeled as she ran to my side. I laughed. Tyler's arm wrapped around my side, pulling me to his.

"Nice job angel," He said, placing a kiss on my nose. I smiled, happy I had made him proud. 

"That was so great! You ready for round two?" Connor asked, coming up next to Dylan and Asher.

Asher stayed silent as usual, just looking content holding Dylan's hand.

"Yeah, but I doubt she is," I said, watching the blonde girl walk off with a few of her friends. Connor chuckled.

"Well, I doubt you need to fight her again. She has a busted nose, and I think you've already proved enough," Anna chimed in.

"But I have-"

"No, Raven. You did amazing. A lot of the teens in my pack don't normally pay attention to the other sparring pairs, but every eye was on you. You don't need to fight, you proved all you needed to," Tyler said, his eyes gleaming.

[His wolf is so proud of us right now.] My wolf purred. I bit my lip in delight. I was glad I was able to make my mate so proud of me. To see that I could fend for myself and such.

"Let's get you cleaned-"

The sound of a loud door screeching shut had our attention. Everyone's eyes averted to the only entrance in the gym filled with teenagers.

Many girls let out shrieks. I fought the urge to roll my eyes.

That wasn't the end of it.

The lights followed, flickering off. More shrieks and murmuers erupted from the crowd.

"Everyone, calm down!" Tyler yelled, his voice echoing off the walls.

All the kids silenced after that.

"No one leaves this gym, understand?" He bellowed out, recieving yes's and nods.

"Raven, Asher, Connor and  Dylan, come with me. Anna, Blake and Cayde, get the kids into groups and keep them calm, do a rollcall and make sure everyone is here!" 

"Right!" Anna said, running off with the two, while the rest of us followed Tyler to the other side of the dark gym. There was a small door.

"An electric room?" Dylan asked.

Tyler's silhoutte nodded. He opened the door with force.

"Someone was in here the whole time."

I took a deep sniff, as everyone else did.

"No way," I muttered, turning around my back to the door.

"Is that what I think it is?" Connor questioned.

"Who's scent is it?" Dylan asked, although it seemed like she already knew the answer. "Blood Moon," I murmured.

Yeah this was a short chapter but it got my past my writers block!

QOTD : What character do you hate the most be honest ?