Chapter 31. The Wedding Part 1

omg

most stressful first 2 weeks of summer of my life.

Kick it off with camping, then I get back and have soccer and I ended up getting heat exhaustion cuz oh ya know it's only like freaking 118 degrees where I am. UGH I almost barfed how nice. 

I haven't seen my mom in like a week and then this weekend I'm guest playing for u-17 girls ALLLLLLLL WEEEEKEEEEND ughhh and the team we play is ranked 7 in the state. How dandy.

QOTD : What is your worst summer memory?

Raven's POV***

As we continued our tour, I came to realize this underground palace is humongous. Like, well I can't really explain it other than it feels like a palace.

"So this place is pretty big." I replied as we walked into the game room.

"Yup. I bet I could kick your ass in GTA 5." He said as we entered the room. Flat screens were plastered on each wall, a game console of all sorts below each one. I found the ps 3, plopped myself down on the beanbag, and held the controller in my hands.

"Well, sure, make yourself cozy." Damon snorted as he sat down next to me. I rolled my eyes and paid no attention to him.

Throughout the hours, we gamed as though there was no tomorrow. We switched from GTA 5, to Call of Duty, Battlefield, Modern Warfare, Tekken and even wii games.

I forced my mind to stay focused on the games. That was all I could do. Escaping wasn't going to be easy, and if I left . . . my pack would be obliterated.

But the thought of Tyler constantly ran through my mind.

Fighting with him was stupid. Now I just wanted him back. And though I couldn't wait to say "I TOLD YOU SO SHITHEAD!", I just wanted to be in his arms. While one part of me hated the thought of me being dependent on someone other than myself and my wolf, another part of me wanted to depend.

When I had a family . . . or at least when I had parents I should say . . . we all depended on each other. For food, comfort, joy, and to console in when something was wrong. Too bad I ruined those chances that fateful day when I veered us off the bridge.

However, now knowing my brother was still alive, I wasn't sure how to feel.

He was different - that much I could tell. He didn't have that warm comedic look that he used to have 24/7. Now, he seems . . . cold and distant. If he missed me so much, why wasn't he the one showing me around? And he kept tabs on me - or so he said. Why not get me sooner?? He must've known the huge burden I kept on my shoulders because of what happened. Yet he was never there for me. I was there for myself.

So far, all Brent has been doing since I came here was remind me what I missed about either rogue life, or Tyler's mate life.

And now he orders me to marry Damon, some random guy that is highly perverted and also NOT Tyler? For once, I really don't know what to do. 

"Hey, Raven..." Damon muttered, turning to me on the beanbag after we finished playing a mario cart game.

His tone was serious and low. His dark eyes were concentrated on me. I won't lie, he was really attractive. Any girl would be insane to not admit it. However, I was satisfied with the mate I had.

"What's up?" I asked in confusion. So far, the Damon I'd been with was all fun and games. Now what was up with this serious act?

"I know . . I know you have a mate. Alpha Tyler of Oakwood forest pack..." He started. My mood changed as I became defensive. Why was he bringing this up, and where was it leading to?