Chapter 1- Pain.

This book is a fanfiction from the Percy Jackson and Olympian/ Heroes Of Olympus series. All the characters, besides a couple, are Rick Riordan's. Along with that, the writing in this book belongs completely to me.

This writing is completely free so if you could do me a favor and point out any grammar or spelling mistakes. I am not perfect and it would really help me out. Thank you, enjoy the book <3

[EDITED]

-Nico-

It wasn't the fact that I necessarily hated this school, it was that I hated the people in it. They were sick, hideous beings with only themselves to worry about.

Chiron was cruel to make me attend such a hell. Just walking into the building was enough to make me tense up, let alone thinking about what was to come. Why he thought it would help me 'expand my social boundaries' was clueless to me. It was doing anything but.

I take a deep breath to calm my anxiety that was building and crack open the back doors of the school. They weren't used much which caused them to have a rusty squeak. I winced at the loud noise, not wanting to seen or heard. Giving away my location now would it result in torture later.

I had just come to believe I was safe when the back of my collar was yanked forcefully. My eyes widen as my heart rate spikes. They must have caught on.

"Shithead, what happened to come through the front doors like a normal god damn person?" William Solace spits in my face, cornering me into the dinged up lockers. His bright blue eyes were nearly as sharp as a knife. They dug into my soul and jabbed at the most vulnerable spots. I froze in terror when they met mine. I was so close, I thought. The back of my eyes started to burn from threatening tears.

A sudden impact in the stomach throws me off guard. I wince loudly and clutch my stomach, doubling over in pain. I stumble over my own steps in a worthless attempt to get away. I throw my hands out in front of myself to protect myself from the impact of the floor. Flares of pain shot up my arms and my stomach revolted. Drops of blood splattered against my chin in a coughing fit. It hurt immensely, and always would, but not nearly as much the emotional rift it left in me.

"To be honest, I don't even think we have to do anything ourselves now." He laughs menacingly, "It looks likes he has that part all to himself. At least he has some brain after all. Or he is just a nasty sadist, " he pauses and takes a few steps towards my lumped form on the floor, "It would surprise me. Not one bit."

I bit my tongue to prevent myself from yelling at him. That I wasn't a filthy piece of scum like he so gloriously thought, but then I would just be lying to him and myself.

A pair of sneakers collides with my ribs. I clench my eyes hard, hoping and wishing to be anywhere but here. That maybe Will and his cronies would suddenly disappear off the face of Earth and I could be free. I knew that was child talk, though. Only a silly dream.

It goes on for what seems like ever until the haven of a bell rings. I silently thanked the gods.

The tormentors left in a rush to escape the crowd of people coming through. The people didn't even bother to care to bother looking at the bruised boy on the floor as they came through. It was a common sight.

Eventually, I willed myself up enough strength to stand up and get my stuff that had flown off. I was nearly ten minutes late for my first class. I cursed and ran towards the gym.

"Mr. Di Angelo, follow me, please." Coach Rickard says when I burst through the gym doors minutes later. I was a panting mess and barely holding my stomach contents in. Everywhere ached on my body but I just couldn't afford to miss any more classes if I was to graduate.