9 - He's Alright

Unknown -

           He was a lot more likable up close. The same, obviously, but I could study him easier and tell more about him.

His eyes were just as beautiful as I imagined, and unexpectedly, his 6'1 stance towered over my 5'4 one. The tattoo on his bicep was very detailed and I couldn't help feeling attracted.

He seemed like the campaigner type of person; more assertive. He was definitely one to initiate instead of letting things happen to him. To jump in and experience things for himself rather than to imagine or dream.

Campaigners were like open books. They're the life of the party, the extroverts, the slightly stubborn type to not listen to other people until it's too late. They also were generally courageous and kind, not letting their own emotions get in the way of anything, but catching on to feelings.

Then again, Jayla was also a campaigner and she wasn't the brightest. She was more of a fantasizer who didn't pay attention to anything around her and often ran into things. She also lived for messes and improvising, while I was a major perfectionist. She and I were polar opposites.

If I was lying, I would say that I hadn't been studying the boy for the past two days, and if I didn't know any better, I'd add that he's also been watching me.

Now that I could get a better look at him, I realized why his eyes seemed to pull me towards him.

They were gorgeous. And when I say gorgeous, I mean it. His eyes were a beautiful iron or steel-like blueish color. I wouldn't say they were gray because that would make them seem dull, which they were anything but. It was like a silver-y blue - no, more like pastel blue cotton candy. No, they couldn't have been pastel. They were so deep, so dark.

They were indescribable.

"Whatever. Play 'Eraser'."

Of course, another Ed Sheeran song. Apparently, he was bros with Ed and used to write his songs before he ditched him for fame.

That can't be made up at all.

Luckily, though, I actually really liked this one. Most of the lyrics were so relatable that they nearly described my life.

I started the song and waited, as he did the same, assumedly on the right lyrics.

And then it came.

{play the video at the top}

I couldn't help but laugh.

"Why are you laughing??" He said in between laughs and breaths.

I shook my head, covering the bottom portion of my face so only my eyes and the top of my nose were revealed.

He finished with a strong, ending 'tap', and I slowly clapped in approval.

"Not so bad, OG."

He curtsied before me, lifting an imaginary skirt. I smiled the smallest smile I could, not trying to lead him on to believe I was enjoying this.

Even though you are.

No.

"Where'd you learn to tap dance like that?" I asked curiously.