Four: Where is Kousei?

Start from the beginning

"He can't stay here all alone, now that his father is gone. Since he is a minor, he was taken by the private orphanage of our village. They will take care of him as the government process my case in which I demand to adopt him. He's not going back home anymore and he will finish his middle school in the orphanage," she spoke up.

Tsubaki couldn't believe what she heard and so, she cried hard as well. She couldn't believe that her childhood friend is at a far place. Even so, she begged her, "I want to visit Kousei in the orphanage, Seto-san."

Seto Hiroko smiled and agreed at her. "I guess he might be happy if he sees you."

"Thank you, Seto-san," replied Tsubaki.

...

A week had passed after Kousei's attempted suicide by cutting his own wrist, Mikoto have noticed that Kousei is trying his best to actually move on and live normally but there are always still a time that he will break down and cry. There had also been times that Kousei suddenly collapses inside the classroom. His situation had gotten worse when he actually began showing signs that he is going back to the condition he was first brought in. He doesn't talk to anyone and prefers to sit and lounge somewhere alone. He tried looking for a music room but found out that there is no music room in the orphanage.

He was also given a blue uniform in which he will wear every after lunch breaks when it's time to go to their respective classes according to their grades.

Kousei was one of the ten students of Tokyo Orphanage who are in middle school. His teachers have noticed that he preferred not to talk to anyone and his grades are actually failing. It's a performance which is so different when compared to the time he is still in his old school.

They tried consulting on him and asking if he actually study.

He answers them, "I'm not on the mood."

His answer shocked them. It's definitely alarming. The institution finally chose to consider him a special case and so, they knew that they cannot let their eyes off of him as he had been showing signs of someone capable of killing himself again even after he was released in the clinic after his wound on his wrist healed. They placed Mikoto and Hana to watch him always as they can't allow to harm himself again.

It definitely is a good decision since just like what they expected, Arima Kousei tried to hang himself at one of the classrooms of the orphanage at night on Friday. Even before he steps in the rope, he was quickly stopped and restrained by the officials of the institution. Kousei was definitely shocked that once again, he failed to suicide.

He began screaming in so much pain again.

"Mom! Dad! Kaori!" he cried. "Why can't I be reunited with them? Please, I want to die!" he kept on screaming at them.

They gave him sedative for a while and forced him to fall asleep.

He kept on telling them that he tried his best to live just like the other orphans like him but living his life is painful. "I have no home. I have no one now! I want to stop the pain inside me!"

Of course, they understand his sentiments. Even so, they swore to keep looking at his movements before all else. They all brought him back in Mikoto's room.

Mikoto felt so much pity to him. Compared to him when he was eleven, losing his parents is definitely painful but he never crossed to attempt suicide. His parents had always told him that in everything, there is a reason.

Something happens for a reason.

He stayed down to keep his eyes on him but of course, he went back to sleep.

...

The next day, Kousei opened his eyes and noticed that he's back on his room in the orphanage. He sat up and looked at his side. He saw Mikoto sleeping and sitting right next to him which surprised him.

He touched his hair that woke him up. "You're awake," he smiled at him.

"Nii-san," Kousei spoke up. "Why save me again?"

"The pain will pass if you try to accept what you are now. I saved you because I consider all of you who are here my siblings. All of you are my family," answered Mikoto. "I have lost my parents when I was eleven. There was a tsunami that struck us at that time but I chose to tell myself, something happens for a reason."

Kousei began to cry again but his words eased his pain a bit.

Mikoto dried his tears and after a few seconds, he asked him, "The canteen is still open. Want to eat?"

Kousei looked at him. He was about to say no when his stomach grumbled which made it obvious that he is hungry. "Don't lie at me that you're not hungry. I know you've been starving yourself."

He stared back at him with confused eyes. Even so, he felt the warm love that his room mate had been giving him. It actually eased up some things inside him and so, he found some new courage to step up again and live. He also would want to try to make friends. He hopes he can. Even so, he began asking him, "My mom's a Buddhist while my father is a Christian. Both of them told me that God is real. Is he real?"

"I'm not a Christian, though but a Shinto but I do think he's real, Kousei. No matter what he is. I always believe there's an after life ahead of us," he promised him. "But killing yourself isn't the answer to reunite with them. They won't want you to kill yourself."

Kousei understood and so, from the very first time, he smiled at him. "Thank you, nii-san."

Mikoto guided him in the canteen and introduced him to his friends in which he easily talked to them. Of course, there are still instances in which he cries but with them, he felt accepted. They were eating at that time when Agent Thea called for him.
Kousei looked at her and smiled. His smile made her happy.

"There are two people who wants to talk to you and visit you here," Agent Thea told him.

"Who?" he asked.

"I know this will make you happy. Seto Hiroko and Sawabe Tsubaki are here," she told him.

His eyes sparkled and it did shine more when Tsubaki and Hiroko showed up behind her. He really felt happy and so, he hugged the two of them joyfully.

...

A/n: Hope you like this new chapter of mine!