Chapter 50.

Niall headed into work, feeling weak and miserable. He wasn't here for a long period of time. Harry was waiting for him back home. He just had to do something. Louis was out doing an investigation, so the office was quiet. With one free arm, Niall flickered through the folders on his disk and then he found the remote. He switched the remote on to the TV and Robin's dull and expressionless face appeared on the face.

Niall squeezed his eyes shut, trying to get the image out of his mind before deleting the picture and switching the TV off. He then headed down to autopsy. Ryan had the day off today seeing as a case had just closed. There was no new body to investigate yet.

Niall pushed open the door to autopsy and headed over to where Robins body was. He pulled out the tray and gulped, staring down at his lifeless body. The guilt seemed to take over him completely. He was never meant to die, in Nialls eyes anyway. He was only meant to be arrested. But he got justice for Harry, right? He got justice for his whole family.

"You lost, old man." Niall murmured, staring into Robin's blue eyes and the bullet wound in his chest. "Now you're talking to dead people?" A voice teased and Niall looked up, jumping with fright as he did so to find Harry standing in the doorway.

"How did you find me?" Niall frowned and Harry shrugged. "I had a hunch." He replied simply and Niall snorted, looking back down at Robin as Harry walked over to him.

"Niall, no good comes from staring at dead people." Harry pointed out, watching his boyfriend. "I know, my mind is just...crazy at the moment. I keep getting these nightmares...hallucinations...makes me feel guilty. I did the right thing though. Right?" Niall raised his eyebrows and Harry smiled.

"That guy can rot in hell for all I care. He got what was coming to him." Harry assured him and Niall nodded. "Harry? Niall?" Louis was now standing in the doorway and their heads snapped up.

"We were just leaving." Niall assured him, pushing the tray back in and closing the door on Robin. Harry headed out and Niall brushed past Louis. "Niall, can I talk to you? In private, please?" Louis lay a hand on Nialls shoulder and Harry and Niall exchanged glances. "Sure." Niall replied quietly and they both headed into the meeting room themselves.

"Would you like anything to drink?" Louis offered firstly and Niall shook his head. "No, thank you." He replied politely and Niall couldn't help frowning as Louis handed him a cup of tea. "I said I didn't want anything." Niall pointed out with a frown and Louis sighed. "You need it." Was all Louis said and Niall quickly took a gulp before setting it back down on the table.

"So what's this about?"

"Niall, I think you need a little bit of help." Louis confessed and Niall frowned. "Help? What sort of help?"

"Professional help." Louis shrugged and Niall scoffed. "You gotta be kidding me." Niall said bleakly and Louis frowned.

"Look, you aren't thinking straight. All these nightmares, all this guilt...it has to stop now. You're worrying Harry and he doesn't need that at the moment. He's just lost of dad for crying out loud, he tends to be in shock to y'know. But this isn't healthy for you, Niall. It's making you ill. You're as white as a sheet, you look like you've seen a ghost." Louis explained and Niall let out a bitter laugh.

"Well, we were half way there weren't we?" Niall joked coldly and Louis scowled at him. "I'm being serious, mate. One therapy session once a week will do you good-"

"Louis, honestly? You're talking crazy-"

"Says the one who was talking to dead guys-" It was Nialls turn to scowl.

"But really, I'm fine. It's just a phase. I'll be back to normal after Robin's funeral, it'll be all over and done with then, eh? I mean, you were like this when you first killed someone, yeah?" Niall reminded him and Louis' body tensed. "What?"