Chapter 44.

Harry fiddled with his fingers, waiting for Niall to come out of the shower. Maura was sitting next to him, watching TV with her feet up on the sofa.

Harry's eyes wandered to the empty fire place next to the armchair, then to the kitchen and back again. "Something on your mind, Harry?" Maura smiled and Harry blushed a little. He was already fully dressed, waiting on Niall to decide what to do for the day. But now, he thought he had a better idea.

"Is Bobby in?" Harry asked anxiously and Maura frowned. "He's in the garage." She answered simply and Harry thanked her, heading outside to greet him. There was drilling to be heard as he opened the door and it got louder as Harry stepped into the garage. "Bobby? Bobby! Mr Horan!" Harry yelled finally and Bobby looked up from cutting the wood, his hand now on a chainsaw. Harry gulped, feeling slightly nervous.

"What can I do for you?" He asked plainly and Harry bit his lip, clasping his hands together. "Well, I was wondering if I could have your blessing." Harry admitted warily and Bobby froze, frowning at Harry. "Blessing? For what? You're not asking my son to marry you, are you?" Bobby pressed and Harry's eyes widened, blushing furiously.

"No! Of course not, not at all. It's just...I'm planning on telling him I love him tonight." Harry admitted sheepishly and Bobby stopped sawing, looking up at Harry. "You love my son?" Bobby spoke, he couldn't help sounding a bit surprised.

"Yes...very much so." Harry confirmed and Bobby's lips twitched at the corner. Harry's heart was racing. "I'm sure Niall feels the same way about you." Bobby replied and Harry smiled a little.

"So...is that a yes?" Harry asked hopefully, rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet. Bobby looked up again, exhaling deeply before answering. "I'm sure you already know, Harry, but...I have very negative feelings toward you." Bobby began and Harry gulped.

"But don't take it personally. I'm sure you're a very lovely lad, deep down, and I'll understand in time why Niall loves you so much, but...Nialls had a tough time and Maura and I are having trouble letting go of our second son. Greg has already left. He's running his own business, he's settled down and started a family already. Niall, on the other hand...Nialls different. I feel as if he's making the wrong choices. His job is so dangerous but I can't stop him doing what he wants. He could get killed and we'd never know because he lives so far away. Niall and I had a fight before he went off to America. A big one. That's why we don't exactly see eye to eye now. There is so much crime going in America right now, I refused to let him go but he went anyway. I was furious. Hadn't seen him for a year after that."

"And then you came along, I...I didn't know what to think. It was maddening. You were dangerous too, Harry. We've read what they say about you in the papers. You're prone to danger. You're like gravity, trouble hits you at every corner you take. I couldn't let Niall go through what you did. I couldn't let him be in danger again. And then we found out about the kidnapping and the fire. I felt so helpless. I was sitting here in Ireland, while our son was away trying to get himself killed- because of you. And I'll never understand it." Bobby spoke, with so much passion. With so much love toward Niall.

Harry listened carefully, sitting down on one of the benches, his hands clasped. He cleared his throat before speaking again. "Do you know what Nialls done for his job, though? The positive side of it? He has achieved so much justice for so many families. He's solved so many crimes that even a professional detective couldn't solve. He's a good agent, sir. Really good. I'm so grateful that he took me in, I don't know how I'm ever going to repay him for that. I'd be nothing without him." Harry admitted shyly and Bobby smiled.

"Niall has always been able to see the good in people. You, especially. I think he gets it from his mother." Bobby chuckled and Harry smiled a little. "You see the good in him too." Bobby added more seriously and Harry nodded, feeling slightly sheepish.