Chapter 40.

Harry entered the room, sulking a little. Niall and Louis were in a deep conversation as they did so and when they heard his footsteps, they looked up.

Harry and Nialls eyes met briefly and when they did, Niall flushed and looked down at his feet. Harry couldn't help smirking a little. Typical. Louis' head snapped up at the sound and his eyes darted between him and Niall, sensing the intensity, the awkward. It was now five days later and Niall and Harry hadn't even talked to each other since Valentines Day.

It was torturous. To Niall, anyway. He wasn't really sure how Harry was taking it. He was always so good at hiding his feelings. Gemma was right. It was like they were back to square one. Niall scratched the back of his head impatiently before brushing past Harry. "Just going down to see Nick." He murmured, grabbing a few pieces of evidence before leaving Harry and Louis in awkward silence.

"You don't have to make it so awkward, Harry. He's still taking care of you. That's what you both want, isn't it?" Louis pressed and anger boiled in Harry's blood, searing through his veins. How dare he. How dare he assume everything. That he knows everything. He knows nothing. He hadn't been through what him and Niall had been through. Louis hadn't seen the way Niall looked when Harry saved him from the kidnapping...Louis hadn't seen Harry's face when he had first met his sister, at the masquerade. Louis hadn't seen Nialls face when he tried to get him out of the fire. Louis hadn't seen Nialls face when he broke up with him...he hadn't been there at all.

Harry automatically raised a fist but an image of a pouting, disappointed Niall flashed through his brain and he paused, thinking a little before dropping his hand. Louis stared, stunned, wondering what had caused him to stop. He knew the fist was coming, he was expecting it. Once the words were out, he regretted it. He just didn't expect Harry to freeze.

"I should leave." Harry muttered and began to turn around but Louis stopped him, grabbing at his arm and making Harry flinch due to his burns. "You can't. Niall's still working on your case." Louis pointed out and Harry smirked. "At least somebody's doing their job right, then." Harry replied coyly and Louis frowned.

"Look, you need to go downstairs to the questioning room. Niall's brought somebody in. Somebody who can help find your dad." Louis explained and Harry was caught off guard. "Who's that?"

"Amy Fisher."

Harry's body had tensed again, going rigid. He did not one ANYONE he cared about near her. Especially not Niall. Harry pushed past Louis and hurried down the stairs, Louis following after him. The elevator would slow him down. "Harry!" Louis called, but Harry ignored him. He was about to go into the questioning room when Louis stopped him, spinning him round.

"Harry, you can't. Not when there's questioning going on. Do you really want to give Amy the satisfaction of being there?" Louis reasoned and Harry sighed. Still ignoring him, he went into the other side of the questioning room, the other side of the two way mirror, and watched Niall.

He was disgusted to see Amy. It had been so long. Two years? He didn't know. He wasn't counting. Harry still wondered what went inside his brain when he dated her. Her face was covered with three layers of make up, as always. Bleached, long white/golden hair and thick long lashes covered with dark eyeliner and mascara. Her nails were long, red and nicely done. Matching her tiny red crop top that showed off her navel and belly-button ring. She wore a short denim skirt and six inch stilettos, also matching her top and her lips were covered with thick, red lipstick. She was horribly fake, that much was obvious. A pretty cliché type of girl.

Harry pressed his forehead against the glass, much like a child pressing their forehead against a window to see their favourite animal at a zoo. Louis came in seconds later, standing by his side. "I don't want him in the same room as her." Harry admitted and Louis frowned again.