Chapter 10.

Harry started pacing the length of the living room, patiently waiting for Niall or somebody else to arrive home. He suddenly heard the sound of muffled screaming at the other end of the door and froze, staring at it.

"Niall?" He called but there was no answer. Curiously, he walked over to the door and began to rattle it but he knew it was no use. "Niall?" He repeated but again, there was no answer. Letting out a frustrated groan, he stood back again from the door. Preparing himself, he charged toward the door and banged himself against in attempt to burst it open but instead, he done more damage to himself and landed flat on his back, grunting in pain. He then heard a set of tires screech from the road and he stood up, rushing over to the window only to find a large black Jeep with tinted windows driving past the flat at high speed and he knew right then and now, that Niall was in that car. He was sure of it.

Swearing loudly, he hurried over to the kitchen and found Louis' work number attached to a note on the fridge. Silently thanking Niall, he grabbed the kitchen phone and dialled his number and it took a few rings. "C'mon, Louis. If it's one thing you're good at for your job, it's answering the bloody phone." Harry sighed impatiently, tapping his finger along the kitchen table in annoyance. Louis picked up five seconds later. "Hello-"

"Louis! It's Harry here." Harry said with relief and there was a short pause. "Harry? What do you want? And why hasn't Niall came back to work?" he pressed and Harry froze, licking his lips. "Well, uh...it's a funny story, actually..." he trailed off, and laughed nervously and Louis went off on one right away. "What have you done to him, Harry? I swear, I knew you couldn't be trusted and now you've went away and done something-"

"What? Excuse me? Why would I kidnap Niall and then go to the police to say that I've done so? That's a bit stupid, mate," Harry smirked and Louis paused. "Kidnapped?! You fucking serious?! I swear, all you do is cause trouble." Louis groaned and Harry rolled his eyes. "Where are you just now?" Louis asked.

"Well, uh...Niall was going to take me home but instead, I'm at his flat and he's kind of...locked me in here." Harry admitted smugly and Louis sighed, running a hand through his hair. "All right, well you just wait there until Zayn or Liam comes back and you tell them what happened, okay? I'll start seeing if I can send out a search party for Niall and then we'll arrange a meeting with you, Zayn and Liam. Okay?" Louis finalised and Harry frowned. "Why do I have to be involved in this meeting?" he asked curiously and Louis chuckled.

"Because I know you want Niall back just as much as I do, otherwise you wouldn't be phoning. And you must know a lot about these guys that were looking for him, so you'll come in handy." He explained and Harry scoffed. "Gee, thanks." He replied sarcastically and Louis laughed again. "All right, see you soon. I'll be in touch." He assured him and Harry thanked him before hanging up.

Harry heaved a deep sigh and walked over to the window, waiting patiently for one of them to arrive home. It wasn't until after three o'clock that Zayn finally showed up, returning from work at school. "Zayn!" Harry said delightfully, rushing over to him and grabbing his elbows, pulling him in.

"Whoa!" Zayn gasped, stunned as he was pulled in by Harry. "Zayn, something's happened to Niall." Harry began and Zayn sighed. "It's all right, Louis phoned me. Told me everything." Zayn explained with a weak smile and Harry sighed with relief, sitting down on his chair. "Managed to get out of work a bit earlier for it." Zayn said and Harry nodded, thanking him. "Liam's probably stuck, he doesn't normally get home until later but I'm sure Louis would have phoned him." He assured him and Harry nodded, playing with his bottom lip.

Harry was about to open his mouth to speak when the door opened again and Louis strolled through, dressers in a workers jacket and his badge attached to him. "All right, we have a plan. I need to take Harry down to the station for his own safety as we think he's the one their after, not Niall. He's gonna give us a brief description of the men he saw and Zayn? Keep trying to get a hold of Liam, I know he's busy but it's worth a try. And keep us up to date if Niall ever returns, yeah?" Louis demanded, rushed and Zayn nodded immediately. "Anything got Niall, Louis." He spoke softly and Louis beamed.

"Good! Harry, you come with me. It's my job to protect you now." He sighed, grabbing his elbow and pulling Harry up, Harry following after him. "Just so you know, this doesn't change anything." Louis stated when they were alone in the car, driving off.

"I didn't say that it had too." Harry frowned, looking at Louis. Louis nodding, staring back at the road. "Good. At least we both understand each other of something for once." He breathed and Harry rolled his eyes, staring ahead again.

"All right, I need you to give us a brief description of the guys that you saw earlier for our sketcher, since they were the ones mostly likely to steal Niall." Louis sighed as they entered the office, both of them sitting down. Harry couldn't help stealing a glance at Nialls empty desk before he turned to face Louis.

"Um, they were big. Broad. Dressed in black. Muscular. They both carried phones. I think they were related. And they were tall." Harry's face scrunched up, trying to remember them. "Thank you." Louis smiled and without warning, Louis stood up on his table, causing Harry to move aside as Louis faced all his co-workers.

"All right guys, listen up! I have a big announcement to make. Niall has been kidnapped by two men this afternoon and we're doing everything in our willpower to get him back. They were here this morning looking for him do let me know if you have seen anything on CCTV, okay? The guys you are looking for are tall, dark and look related. Perhaps they're brothers, I don't know. But search everything you can find on them and get back to me as soon as, okay? Now go! Skedattle!" Louis shouted, followed by murmurs of his workers and hushed voices as they got to work.

Louis sighed happily and stepped back down again, facing Harry. "That should do the trick." He smiled and Harry nodded.

---

When Niall woke up, everything was still black until a brown paper bag was removed over his head. He found himself sitting on a chair in a damp and filthy basement, his hands tied at the back with a pair of strong rope that seemed to give his wrists rope burn. He was shivering slightly, without a jacket on and he was cold. He was lightheaded and dizzy, feeling faint. "What did you drug me with?" Niall frowned, asking a man that stood at the far corner, holding a set of keys.

"Nothing that won't hurt you, if that's what you're concerned about." The man smirked in reply, slipping the keys in his pocket before walking over to Niall. Niall began to whimper when the man leaned down, tracing his fingers lightly over his thigh before reaching into his pocket and pulling out his phone which was now ringing, Louis' name appearing on his screen. "You won't be needing that." The man smiled, switching off his phone and chucking it too the floor so that it landed with a thud. Niall gulped in reply, staring up at the man as he shivered.

"You're cold." He stated and Niall ignored him. "I'll take care of that for you." He smiled, walking over to an electric heater and switched it on, directly facing it to Niall so a warm breeze brushed over him. "Maybe you'll die of dehydration in here." He suggested with a chuckle and Nialls eyes widened. "Matt, I told you to play nice." Another voice said behind Niall and Niall jumped, glancing at the second man who appeared in front of him. "We really got ourselves a looker, didn't we?" He teased with a chuckle and Matt laughed with him.

Niall frowned, feeling puzzled and confused. "What do you want?" He managed to ask and they both laughed again. "Hey, he's Irish! Even better." Matt beamed and Niall sighed, feeling tormented. The second man brought over a chair, sitting forward on it and folding his arms across the back. "You and I both want the say thing. We want Mr Styles." He smiled and Niall frowned further.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He said innocently, only to have him slap his face in reply, Niall wincing in pain. "We saw him enter your building today looking for you, don't lie. Where is he?" He snapped angrily and panic, yet slight relief, flooded through Niall. They didn't know where Harry was. Which meant he was still safe, locked in his apartment. Away from harm. They hadn't seen him drive home with him at all.

A playful smirk appeared on Nialls face then and both men exchanged glances. "Y'know, I'm surprised you don't know these things yourself. Normally these things are right under your very nose." Niall challenged and they looked even more confused, leaving Niall feeling pleased with himself. He had played his part well, that much was obvious. He wasn't giving to much information away, yet he wasn't saying very little. He has challenged them. Played them like they were doing to him. That just proved that he was a good cop.

"You're smart, Niall, I'll give you that." The man admitted with a sigh and Niall gnawed at his lower lip. "I'll leave Matt to talk to you for a bit while I go for more research on Harry." He decided, hurrying off and shutting the door behind him. "You don't know who you're messing with, Horan." Matt smirked and Niall rolled his eyes.

"Neither do you." He replied and Matt scoffed, sitting on the chair. "I'll wait until Sean gets back but right now, I we have some spare time." Matt smiled and Niall sighed. "Yay." He said sarcastically and Matt glowered. "How about we start off with you telling me a little bit about yourself? That's easy." He suggested and Niall frowned. "I don't have a choice, do I?" He replied and Matt shook his head.

"All right. I started work when I was eighteen. I was going to move America to do crime scenes but you can't work until you're 21 over there, so I worked here and got loads of experience. There." Niall stated quietly and Matt nodded. "Bet you regret that now, eh?" Matt smirked and Niall grunted. "Yeah. I used to think there was a lot more crime over there in America than there was here, but now I beg to differ." He admitted and Matt chortled. "Yeah. Us criminals do know our shit." Matt beamed proudly and Niall made a sound of disgust. "And it's my job to stop that." He replied and Matt raised an eyebrow. "You're not doing a very good job." He answered and they fell silent.

Niall was left alone after that, and he couldn't stop thinking about how much he missed Harry. And everybody else for that matter.

____________

Holy fudge cakes, over thirty comments! That's amazeballs, really. You're comments are all wonderful. I wonder if I can get more than thirty? It's a bit far fetched but worth a try. Please, again, don't tell me to update but I will try my hardest and please leave detailed feedback? Thanks, I love you all so much :* big kisses xxx