Chapter 26.

Harry sleepily awoke the next day, only to find Niall pacing around the room with an IPhone held to his ear, talking fast. He blinked his eyes open so they were more focused and watched Niall silently. "Yes, Harry's fine. He's still safe. Yes, I'll call you later with another update. Don't worry, everything's fine. It's five o'clock in the morning there! You should be asleep. Okay, good-bye." Niall finally heaved a deep sigh, ending the call and looking up to see Harry awake and he grinned.

"Louis checking up on me?" Harry asked groggily and Niall let out a typical laugh. "As a matter of fact, it was your sister. She really misses you." Niall smiled sadly when Harry's cheeky grin had disappeared, now masked by a emotionless look. Harry had a way of turning dark and cold every time Niall mentioned Harry's family. Harry was very stubborn and he shuts Niall out every time Niall tries to gain his trust. Harry doesn't trust anybody. Not even his sister.

Niall fell silent and dropped the phone on the bedside table, heading into the bathroom for a shower. Curious, Harry reached out for Nialls phone and ran his finger through Nialls contact, seeing a few missed calls from Gemma and Louis in his wake. Tears prickling in his eyes, he switched off the phone and tossed back on the table again.

Harry never cried. Not since he left his family, anyway. He figured it was best that way. Shutting people out, not letting anyone in. And Harry was scared that Niall was close to breaking down those walls, just for sheer closure. Harry couldn't even trust his own boyfriend because, well...he was a cop. Their relationship wasn't even supposed to happen in the first place. But how would their relationship ever work if Harry wasn't one hundred percent honest with Niall? Harry wanted to trust Niall, incredibly so. He was the most down-to-earth, happy-go-lucky lad he had ever met in his life, but it was just...hard. Especially with every time he trusts someone, he loses. Look at what happened to Hannah. That was a good example. Harry didn't want Niall to be next.

Shaking of the simple fear of crying in front of Niall, he stood up and went to make breakfast. Once they were dressed and fed, their stomachs full with golden-brown toast and butter with jam and large glasses of milk; they decided to take a little stroll down to a place called Downtown Disney.

It was quite a bit of a walk from their hotel, but they didn't mind. They enjoyed the sheer heat and humidity that was so rare back in the UK, that Harry actually whipped his top off and draped it over his shoulder. Because of the humidity, Harry's curls were almost back, forming perfectly from the nape of his neck which Niall found extremely cute.

Harry laced his fingers through Nialls hand but their hands were so damp with sweat that Harry linked his hand possessively around Nialls waist instead, pulling him close as they walked under the path of blossomed trees, the sun streaming through. It was only the end of December, yet it was rare for Florida to get a lot snow.

They entered a bakery when they arrived at Downtown Disney and Niall bought them both a plateful of strawberries and chocolate sauce. They sat under an umbrella-covered table, watching the people pass by and listening to the Disney music playing. Harry playfully dipped the strawberry into the sauce and held it at Nialls mouth, Niall gladly taking a bit and letting Harry offer him more and more.

They started giggling childishly when a bit of the strawberry sauce dribbled from Nialls chin and Harry slowly reached out to wipe it with his thumb. They stated intensively into each other’s eyes then, blue eyes meeting bright green, and their lips met. Briefly, as they were in a public place, and they pulled away.

"Where would you like to go for dinner tonight?" Niall offered, intertwining their hands together on the table next to the strawberries. "We've just had breakfast and already you're thinking about dinner?" Harry teased and Niall chuckled, blushing a little.