Chapter 2.

Niall was breathing deeply, his hands sunk into his jeans pockets as he stared out the two-way mirror. Harry Styles was brought into questioning finally after the last week. Louis had insisted to take him in, since Harry had been up to no good the past week.

Louis had ordered Niall to question the teen, and Niall didn't know how to feel about that. Nialls icy blue eyes watched the curly haired lad in front of him. He had his feet up on the table, his arms folded across his chest and he looked calm and composed- not the least bit antsy that he was brought into questioning, not knowing what it was about.

Niall would have thought he'd be a least a bit panicky but he was surprised. The door swung open and Louis walked in, a coffee mug in his hands. "How is he so far?" Louis asked, gazing out the mirror. "He seems fine." Niall shrugged and Louis nodded. "You ready for this?" Louis said, squeezing Niall's shoulder tightly. "As ready as I'll ever be." Niall mumbled and Louis smirked, watching the blonde haired lad walk off to the questioning room.

When he entered the room, Harry looked up and when he saw Niall, he lifted his feet off the table and sat them on the floor underneath, facing the mirror so Louis had a clear view of him until Niall sat down, slamming his police badge on the table. Harry glanced emotionally at it before meeting eyes with Niall. Harry's eyes narrowed for a split second, as if he was trying to recall seeing the blue eyes before but it disappeared in seconds. "Would you like a drink?" Niall offered casually and Harry was surprised by the random question. "It's not normally the first thing someone asks you while in questioning." Harry retorted and Niall rolled his eyes.

"I'm being nice. Do you want a drink, or not?" he asked impatiently and Harry sighed. "One latte. Please." he added stubbornly and Niall went out to get just that. When he came back, Harry was resting his chin on his palm, drumming his fingers against the table. Niall placed the latte in front of him and when Harry took a sip, he spluttered and coughed a little. "You're terrible at making lattes," Harry groaned, slamming the mug back down on the table. Niall smirked. "It's not my jobs to make lattes, mate." he retorted and Harry rolled his eyes. "What do you want?" Harry barked impatiently and Niall sat forward, pulling his chair in. "We want to know why you were with a guy with a gun last Friday night." Niall explained and Harry's body tensed, his hands bawled into fists. Niall had obviously caught a nerve.

"I didn't even know him." Harry said defensively and Niall shook his head. "That's not what I asked. I want to know what you were doing with him." Niall repeated and Harry groaned, burying his head in his hands. "We were arguing." Harry said impatiently and Niall scoffed. "I never would've thought." he replied sarcastically and Harry sighed. "What were you arguing about?" he questioned, watching Harry carefully. "A girl," Harry replied smugly, a sly look on his face.

"Was it Hannah, by any chance?" Niall questioned and Harry's eyes fiercely met Niall's, his body tensing again. Niall had obviously caught a nerve. Again. "How do you know about her?" Harry asked, his voice rising and Niall flinched a little. Exactly why he didn't like roaming into other peoples' lives. They get defensive, the way Harry did. "I said, how do you know about her?" Harry repeated, even louder. Niall gulped, feeling slightly intimidated by his sudden change of behaviour.

"We need to know these things, Harry." Niall spoke softly and Harry growled lowly, standing up. "Leave her out of this!" he snapped, banging his fist against the table. Niall jumped, looking up at him. "Mr Styles, we really don't tolerate with that kind of behaviour." he said calmly and Harry scoffed, slumping back down in his seat. "Maybe I don't tolerate with you." Harry retorted smartly. Niall ignored him, gazing at Harry with an intense look. "So you two weren't arguing about anything else? Why did he have to pull a gun?" Niall pressed and Harry sighed. "Because the guy's a dick. He didn't like the idea of Hannah being with me and not him." Harry explained and Niall could see a small smile creeping on his face at the thought. "That's it? Nothing else?" Niall questioned and Harry shrugged. "Like I said, the guy's a dick." he said plainly and Niall nodded slowly, watching Harry.

Recognition plastered on Harry's face for a second, green eyes meeting Niall's blue ones. "Hey. You're the guy who saved me from him. The cop. Aren't you?" Harry gasped and Niall laughed, leaving Harry surprised. He couldn't help it. "Don't flatter yourself mate, I wanted to arrest both of you." Niall admitted, leaving Harry scowling at him. "Can I leave now? I'm bored." Harry stated and Niall sighed, standing up. "I'm afraid that's up to my manager to decide." Niall shrugged and grabbing his badge again, he headed out the room to meet Louis.

"Well? Do you believe him?" Niall countered firstly and Louis chuckled, a grin on his face.

"The question is, do you? It's your case Niall, do what you want to do with him. Do what you think's right." he advised, patting Niall's back before heading down the hallway, leaving Niall slightly confused.

____________________

Hey guys! I'm sorry it took so long, but wattpad is being a dick and deleted half of this chapter before I even finished it :P But let me know what you think! It'd be amazing to hear from you guys, detailed comments would be great! Thank you so much, I love you all. Mwah. Xxxx