Chapter 14.

Niall stared into space, his thoughts on the wedding that was only hours away. One day with Harry. That's all it was and that's all he'll ever get with him. Right? Any more harmless times with Harry and he might end up in trouble again. Big trouble. Like Louis trouble. Liam and Louis both hate Harry enough, he doesn't want Zayn ending up to hate him as well. Although, you'd have to be a pretty horrible person for Zayn not to like someone. Is Harry a horrible person? No. Niall thought no because he has a heart of gold, even if nobody else sees it. It's funny how, after all this time, Niall was the only one who saw right past Harry. Nobody else did. But that didn't mean anything did it? And worst of all, now Harry wanted to date him.

Niall wasn't stupid. At least, not in this sense. He knew that he could never date Harry, it's forbidden. He's only his case. He's only his job and the sooner he completed his job, the better. Overall, Niall basically thought Harry was a kind-hearted person who was misunderstood, in a lot of things. He masked himself in being something he wasn't. Niall thought, in general, Harry was afraid. Afraid of people finding out how true and pure he really was yet somehow, he let Niall in. Niall was the only one that was able to break down this walls. From over his time of knowing Harry, Niall had learned a lot from him. That he was protective, loyal and most of all, he was beautiful. That was a secret Niall would only care to admit to himself, and nobody else. It wasn't for the world to know anyway.

Standing up from the kitchen table, Niall headed over to his bedroom and opened his wardrobe to gather up a suit. His fingers trailed over the fine grey fabric of a suit he once wore to his nephews christening in Ireland and hooked it off its hanger. He hung it on his door before having a quick shower and wrapping a towel around his waist, the water dropping off his damp skin and messy hair. Once he was dry and his hair was dry, he slipped on his suit and stood in front of the wall-length mirror, fixing a matching grey tie around his neck. It wasn't much to Niall, but it'd do. Fixing his hair one last time, he grabbed his watch and his phone and wallet and headed out his bedroom.

"You're looking classy. Going somewhere nice?" Zayn asked, smirking a little and Niall froze as he blanched. "A date." Niall lied, looking down to the floor before looking up to Zayn. He was a terrible liar and already he could feel his cheeks flushing. Zayn paused for a second, frowning a little and realizing that Niall was a little too dressed up for a date but he shook his head, waving his hand dismissively. "Don't wait up!" Niall called before shutting the front door. It was cold outside once he reached the foot of the stairs. Very cold and now Niall wished he had brought a jacket of some sort. He wouldn't be surprised it started to snow half way through the day. It was icy and slipper and Niall made sure not to fall and embarrass himself in front of Harry. Folding his arms across his chest, he greeted Harry who stood outside his sleek, black Landrover with the passenger door open.

A warm smile grew on Harry's face when they greeted each other, making Niall's heart fluttery. "You must be freezing. Didn't you bring a jacket?" Harry reasoned and Niall shook his head. "Didn't think I'd need one." Niall answered simply and Harry chuckled, standing aside to let in politely and shutting the door for him. Harry was dressed smartly himself. He wore a white shirt underneath a black suit and tie with black shiny boots. "I didn't know you could drive." Niall was first to say, in attempt to start a conversation.

"I can't. This car's stolen." Harry replied calmly and Niall's eyes widened in sheer horror before Harry burst out laughing at his own joke. "Your face, Niall. You're too easy to tease." Harry smirked, shaking his head and Niall grunted in reply, mumbling furiously to himself. "How's things back at the flat?" Niall asked, in attempt to change the subject and almost instantly, Harry's smile vanished. Niall regretted his question immediately. "It's lonely." Harry admitted reluctantly, turning a corner as he did so. Niall supposed that was normal. He had almost spent a year with Hannah before she was pregnant and now he had been forced to get rid of everything in the blink of an eye. Nobody should have to go through that, no matter how badly they've behaved in the past.

"You didn't have to leave, y'know. You could've still lived with us." Niall reminded him and Harry sighed as he parked the car, taking the key out of the ignition. "And what good would that have done? I'd just be getting you into more trouble." Harry answered and Niall gnawed at his bottom lip, unsure of what to say as he stared at the reception in front of him. "We're only going to the reception?" Niall wondered aloud with a frown on his face. "Yeah. I didn't want to bore to death, I figured you'd have other plans." Harry admitted with a smug smile and Niall frowned. "I didn't actually." Niall replied, a little surprised. "Oh. That makes two of us then." Harry smiled and stepped out the car to let Niall out.

"You're being a gentleman." Niall joked as Harry held out his hand for Niall to take. "Always am." Harry replied simply, making Niall's stomach churn again as they headed inside the nicely decorated reception. Flowers were all over the place, couples littered the dance floor and the bride and groom were already dancing in the centre. "Buffets over here. I'll get it, you take a seat." Harry said in Niall's ear over the noise and Niall nodded, slightly dazed as he followed to where Harry's finger was pointing at a table for two.

Harry came back a couple of minutes later, two plates of optional food in his hands. Most of it was posh party food that made Niall's mouth water. A candle was lit between the two amongst a pile of roses and the waiter offered them wine, which they both took. When it came to dessert, a mysterious smile appeared on Harry's face. "All right, open." Harry demanded, lifting up a forkful of apple crumble. "I have my own." Niall laughed back, pushing his pate forward to prove himself. "I don't mind sharing." Harry smirked and Niall sighed, reaching out to capture the fork in his mouth, gulping down the mouthful. "It's nice." Niall admitted, dabbing at his mouth with the napkin and Harry chuckled. "That's because I made it." Harry beamed, feeling proud of himself and Niall smiled, dazed.

"You did?" Niall asked, shocked and Harry hummed in reply, scooping up a forkful for himself. "Mhmm. Ask anyone in here. I'm the groom's best mate so he wanted me to do the catering." Harry beamed proudly and Niall chuckled. "All right, I believe you." Niall answered, finally giving in and happy that Harry was actually proud of something because it's not every day you see something like that. Throughout the dessert, a few couples had come over to Harry to compliment him on the meal, explaining that groom had said all compliments go to the chef and Niall knew that Harry was secretly flattered, although he appeared to be smug and sheepish about it.

"You just brought me here to impress me, didn't you?" Niall teased when another couple had left the table. "Pretty much." Harry admitted subtly, taking another forkful of dessert. A slow song now filled the room and a smile grew on Harry's face. "Care to dance?" Harry asked, standing up and Niall's cheeks flushed with embarrassment. "I don't dance." Niall asked quickly and Harry chuckled. "You don't have to." Was Harry's reply and filled with confusion, Niall stood up and joined Harry on the dance floor without really having any other choice. Niall was stunned when Harry gently lifted Niall off his feet before setting him on his own, his hand securely around his waist as he held him. "Told you, you didn't have to." Harry smiled, his breath against Niall's mouth and Niall gulped, holding on tightly to Harry. Niall clung to Harry's neck, feeling slightly flustered and afraid that he'd somehow manage to drop me but he surprisingly never did, his large hands as secure around his waist as ever. It was suddenly very warm in the room. Niall didn't know whether it was to do with the fact that it was freakishly crowd, or the fact that he was overwhelmed by the attention he was receiving from Harry, but he was definitely hot and he wanted air.

"I need some air." Niall gulped, pulling free from Harry and stepping off his feet. Harry smiled softly at him. "Follow me." Harry replied and Niall obeyed, Harry guiding him out of the back entrance which led to the white gazebo with a hand on the small of Niall's back. "It's snowing." Harry announced suddenly, gesturing to the snowflake that had landed on Niall's shoulder. "Good." Was Niall's reply and Harry chuckled, guiding him up to the gazebo and letting Niall sit down on one of the circular benches, Harry sitting opposite.

They sat in silence for a few short moments, watching the snow drift before them and land amongst them outside the gazebo. "This is kind of romantic." Harry decided, his eyes wondering over the fitted roses around the gazebo. "Mhmm." Niall hummed in approval, his eyes on Harry's pale face, his green emeralds. To Niall, it was like looking at an inner child of Harry, fascinated by the snow and wanting to go play with it. It was a side he'd never seen of Harry and a side he wanted to see more of. He just looked so innocent and vulnerable which was a weird contrast because Harry was always the tougher one between the two.

Harry held out his index finger and waited until a snowflake landed on the tip of his finger and brought his arm back in, holding it out to Niall. "This is you. My own, special little snowflake." Harry teased shyly, making Niall laugh and placing his palm around Harry's, the snowflake melting between them. The tension had immediately risen then, both their palms warm and comforting despite it being minus one in the start of winter. Niall didn't realize how close he had been to Harry until their breaths mingled with each other, cool and refreshing to Niall. A low moan had rumbled in the back of Harry's throat, making Niall shiver lightly. Harry carefully tilted his head to the side and ever so damn slowly, their lips met. Still holding his hand, Niall hesitated, his lips just pressed against Harry's but it was Harry who urged him further, nudging his lips against Niall's warm ones. It took a second for Niall to turn back to reality, kissing Harry more urgently, wanting to get a better taste of him. It wasn't needy, it wasn't pressurised, but to Niall, it was just perfect. Harry was slow and careful, his free hand cupping Niall's right cheek, pulling him impossibly close. Harry opened Niall's mouth, enjoying the sheer warmth of Niall's tongue touching his own. Niall couldn't help smiling against Harry's mouth, feeling accomplished to have finally broken down Harry's walls, knowing how he truly felt through this kiss. To be honest, he wasn't sure what was happening. All he knew that he was kissing Harry and - wait. He was kissing Harry. This wasn't supposed to happen.

Blinking his eyes open, Niall pulled away. A look of disappointment flashed across Harry, his lips still parted. Niall let go of Harry's hand and Harry's hand fell helplessly on to his lap. Niall wasn't very sure what to say. He'd just kissed a guy. Harry Styles, out of all people. "You're cold now." Harry suddenly croaked, realizing that Niall was shivering. From shock or fear, or just plain coldness, he didn't know. "You can have my jacket-"

"No. I don't want to make the same mistake I did last time with your jacket." Niall interrupted, stopping Harry taking off his extremely warm-looking and tempting coat. Harry pulled it back on again, staring at Niall. He didn't like the way Niall was acting. He was to calm and collected and quite frankly, it scared the hell out of him. "I'll take you home." Harry decided, knowing better off that was what Niall wanted and Niall nodded gratefully, following after Harry out the reception.

________________________

Hi guys. I'm a bit disappointed with the few comments that I got on the previous chapter (a big thanks to those who did though) This story is currently #800 in the fan fiction list and I really, really want to make to least in it's #10's. If I can. So I really need all the feedback I can get, good or bad. But what do you really think about this chapter? 20 comments and I'll upload the next chapter? Can't wait to hear what you have to say, love you all :) x